Dance Time!

A few hours later, a familiar sound of a horn rang threw all of Atlantica. With that cue Sonic, Silver, Manic and Sonia swam to their places as the Queen Festival started. Shadow gave them a look before also taking his place.

As the carriage came into town, it was immediately noted that there were a lot more manta shark and sea fae guards.

"Your highness, look this way." A reporter called as he elbowed threw the guards. "How about a big smile for the camera?" He smiled as he snapped a few pictures, only to stop and make an escape when the queen glared.

After the reporter was out of the way, Bernadette stood from her carriage.

"Atlantica, do you adore me?" She called out. There was cheering, but apparently it wasn't enough for Bernadette.

"I said, do you adore me?" She called out louder. The cheering increased in volume, and she looked calm.

"Well." She had before her expression suddenly changed to one of anger, "I don't believe you!"

Everyone gasped at the proclamation and frantically tried to think of what had happened to invoke their ruler's wrath?

"If you truly adored me, one of you would give me information about Aleena's son!" She snarled. This announcement brought gasps from everyone, even the guards, minus Shadow.

"A half-Mobian spawn of the wicked queen who abandoned us all!" She added as she scanned the crowd

"A hybrid?" One of the male sea fae near the group of merteens shuddered. "He sounds like a monster."

"Hey! He could be really nice." Manic shot back, but gulped when he saw a few people looking at him. "We really don't know." He shrugged and they all turned back to the queen

"Now, who can lead me to him? Swim forward." Bernadette ordered, but no one moved. No one knew where the half Mobian son of the previous queen was.

"Fine then." Their current queen growled. "Guards, get me an answer. NOW!" She shouted and people began screaming as the mantas and guards singled out people from the crowd.

"Wait!" A voice suddenly shouted and Bernadette turned to see the blue sea fae known as Sonic swim out of the crowd.

"Do you information about Aleena's son?" She asked the small male.

"No." He admitted. "But, I do have something for you, a gift to prove our devotion." He smiled and gestured behind him. Silver, Manic and Sonia swam up behind him. "I think you're really going to like it."

"I'd better." Bernadette sneered as her eyes glittered. "Otherwise, you know what will happen if I don't." She smirked as the tips of her fingers shimmered with magic. Gulping heavily, Sonic took a deep breath.

"Hit it!" He called and a started up a song with a hopping beat. Sonic and Sonia sang while Silver and Manic provided background dancing.

"Calling all sea fae,
Now's your chance
Give it up for your Queen
With a brand new dance.

She razzles, she dazzles,
She rules the sea.
So let's rock the reef
For her majesty."

Silver and Manic joined Sonic and Sonia singing as Bernadette started to smile. As the crowd started to bounce along, no one noticed Sonic duck down and away.

"Pop up, lean in
Side to side
Lay back, hang ten,
Go for a ride

Catch that curl,
Get into the groove.
Do the mahi-mahi
Make your tail fin move."

Even Shadow had a faint smile on his face and a swish in his tail as the song carried on, but either no one noticed or didn't have the guts to bring it up to the ebony sea fae.

She's the Queen of the Waves!

Check it out
She's spinnin'
That pool around.

Queen of the Waves!

No one's gonna
Take away her crown,
Surf's up, bow down!

She's the Queen of the Waves!

Sonia and the boys quickly got the crowd going, even some of the guards started to groove a little.

Her smile, her style,
You just gotta stare,
The envy of Sea Fae everywhere.

A beauty, a cutie,
And so in the know,
Her charms pull you in
Like undertow.

Silver was starting to feel sick to his stomach singing false praises to the false queen; but he wasn't willing to do it for Sonic so the prince could get the necklace.

Pop up, lean in
Side to side.

Lay back, hang ten,
Go for a ride.

Catch that curl,
Get into the groove.

Do the mahi-mahi,
Make your tail fin move.

Sonia and Manic also didn't like the idea of being so close to the crazy queen, but they knew what was at stake.

She's the Queen of the Waves!

Check it out
She's spinnin'
She flips around.

Queen of the Waves!

No one's gonna
Take away her crown.
Surf's up, bow down!"

Suddenly Sonic shot up and ripped the queen's necklace from her neck. Everyone looked up to see a male sea fae in shock. He floated there in fear as he waited for something to happen, but it was just an awkward moment.

"What do you want?" Bernadette demanded with a frightening calmness as she slowly floated over to the teen; but when he didn't answer, she clicked her fingers and her guards rushed towards his friends.

"I am the one you are looking for." Sonic said he stood his ground before the queen as her men backed off. "I am the half Mobian!"

"You?" She snorted before she waved her hand and the mantas surrounded Sonic. "So nice of you to visit, my long lost nephew; too bad you can't stay for very long." She laughed.

Sonic's eyes narrowed. He had a feeling that this would end badly, but he didn't know what else to do and he couldn't let his friends suffer for what he was supposed to do.

"Behold." Bernadette cried and started to swim in tight circle, her magic flashing like crazy, until a large and powerful whirlpoo formed.

"Oh boy." Manic muttered.

"Push him in." The evil queen snapped to the manta sharks. "He gets a one way trip to the bottom of the deepest trench in the ocean."

She laughed as the mantas started to push against him. Sonic pushed back, but it did no go. They had rough skin, and were a lot stronger than he was.

"AH!" The blue teen cried out as the whirlpool sucked him in.

"Sonic!" His friends cried out...