The Guide

Soon night descended on the ocean as the faint moonlight shimmered through the calming waves. Back in Atlantica, dozens of sea fae were screaming as manta sharks and the members of the royal guard came after them.

"But I've done nothing wrong!" One male sea fae protested to Queen Bernadette as he was pushed towards a large, purple whirlpool that she had recently made with her dark magic. "You can't do this!"

"Oh, can't I?" Bernadette questioned with a smirk. "Push him in."

"NO!" The man screamed as he was pushed into the whirlpool with several others who had been wrongly accused before the queen sent them to the dungeons.

As the evil queen continued her rampage, Shadow looked towards the dark ocean waters, hoping Sonic and his friends would return soon...

******

A few miles away from the gorgeous city, the very person Bernadette was looking for was staring up at a huge tube of swirling water with his friends by his side.

"That's it." Sonia said. "I've also checked the rock formations. The horse and bear are to our left, but there's a boat of people over there so we can't get any closer than this."

"We've never been inside." Silver said as he watched the water swirl around. "It's very strong and even if you were stronger, you'd only get hit but all the debris gathered up inside."

"Great." The blue hedgehog groaned as he studied the fast moving water. "How am I supposed to get in there? And how do we even know if the clue to the emeralds is even up in there?" He asked before Pearl suddenly clicked and swam forward.

"Pearl!" Sonia gasped as the dolphin dove into the current.

Everyone watched as the small bumbling dolphin was spun around for a few moments before some debris suddenly hit her and shot her out of the current and into a large shell sticking up out of the sand.

The purple dolphin looked down bashfully and a bit disappointed.

"Well, not that way." Manic smiled. "But good try though."

"Sonic, what are you doing now?" Silver asked as Sonic swam off from the group, but Sonic didn't answer the ivory merhog.

He just swam closer to the giant sea shell that Pearl had just bumped into. Its size greatly resembled a strong, heavy shield of some sorts. He then remembered what Tails and Emma had said about his tail, he grabbed the shell and swam back towards the current.

Carefully securing the shell around as he floated next to the current, Sonic took a deep breath, and plunged in.

He yelped out slightly as he lost the grip on his seashell shield. Reaching out and gently batting his tail fins, Sonic slowly inched closer until he grabbed the giant shell and pulled it underneath him.

He panicked slightly as he went round the current a few times, until he could control himself on the current.

It really wasn't that hard with his tail strength, but the occasional bit a debris hitting the shell didn't throw him slightly off a few times. Looking around carefully, Sonic saw that just outside of the current to were his friends watching anxiously.

Seeing him wave, they all grinned and swam towards his right.

Whooping, Sonic followed until he reached a glow. Looking closer, he realised it was some kind of a large green orb floating in the middle of the tube. He cautiously swam over to it and saw that it was pulsing like a heartbeat.

For some strange reason he had the sudden feeling to touch it.

He slowly reached forward and the second the tip of his finger touched the orb it exploded and shot him out of the tube!

"What was that!" Manic cried as they helped Sonic regained control and stop spinning.

But before Sonic could respond, Pearl then let out a whistle and pointed back towards the tunnel, causing Sonia, Manic, and Silver to gasp. Sonic turned back to the tube and gasped as well.

Swimming towards them, was some kind of fairy creature, which stopped in front of Sonic.

They all took defensive positions as it slowly approached. When he came to a stop he smiled at them. This little creature resembled a winged Chihuahua. He had burgundy and white fur with green wings and a green orb on his white necklace.

He was also incredibly tiny, only roughly a fourth of a typical individual.

"Who are you?" Sonic asked.

"I am the messenger of day, of life, and rebirth." He smiled. "Your looking for the Chaos Emeralds, right?" He asked Sonic and he nodded. "Then I'm your guide; I can sense the goodness in your hearts, you don't wish to use them for evil."

"Sapphire said we need the Celestial Comb, the Chaos Emeralds and Bernadette's protective necklace in order to defeat her and save the ocean." The blue hedgehog explained and the fairy creature nodded.

"Then follow me to Lalotai." He smiled and started swimming away.

"Wait, Lalotai! As in the Realm of the Kraken?!" Sonia cried.

"Yes, it is a dangerous place, but there are two Chaos Emeralds hidden there." He explained and Sonic turned to his friends.

"If you guys don't want to come with me than I understand, I don't want you guys to risk your lives for a stranger." He said and started to swim away, only to be covered in a cyan blue glow and pulling him back to the small group.

"Nah way bro, we're in this together." Manic smirked.

"I promised my Mom I'd help you save our home and our future." Silver nodded and they all turned to Sonia. She looked away from their gaze and she shifted nervously until Manic frowned and cleared his throat.

"Well, someone's got to keep you boys out of trouble." She smiled and they all shared a group hug...