Part 2

Emma Swan:

That night, I sit upon the window bench, staring at the lucky stars. My mind wonders and I cannot stop thinking of that little boy, Henry. He's a special kid, with a wild imagination but he's smart, like his father.

The town is silent, almost dead. Not a person in sight. All shops are closed, the autumn leaves are rolling down the lonesome road and the shining moonlight reflects off of the broken town clock that still doesn't tick. Strange, maybe someone should fix it, although according to Henry I have to be in town for 8 hours for the clock to tick, for some odd reason, I mean why me? Just because I'm his biological mother his is putting all this hope upon me. I mean I don't know how long I've been in town because my watch doesn't work, even my time on my mobile has frozen despite the amount of times I've reset it.

Soon enough I fall asleep on this hard dusty bed, who know show regularly these rooms get cleaned but then again I've slept in worse condition from my orphanage past when being passed around from foster home to foster home, while being beaten by foster dads to the point I cannot even lie down, my life has been a pure struggle. I've been in and out of a total of 6 foster homes, I've been beaten by 2 foster dads and I've been locked in a basement for 3 months by one foster mother. So, it's safe to say my life hasn't exactly been the best. Eventually I turned 17 and ran away from a girls group home with Neal, Henry's father, my love of my life. Until he traded me in to the police and got arrested for his wrong doing, I thought he was different and I thought he loved me, but again I trusted someone who hurt me, I was wrong again. I'm so foolish.
**********
For some bazaar reason, I dreamt of the angry brunette, she was walking along side me down the road, laughing and smiling as we walk Henry to the school bus, I mean her smile is gorgeous, but it's very rarely you even see it. She's so sour. A strange dream given the fact she hates my guts right now and seems a little threatened that her sons birth mother is in the same town, I clearly cannot see Regina and I walking together as we take Henry part way to school.

That's when my dream stopped, when the constant thumping of the hotel door rung through my mind. An instant panic rushing through my body as if I have something to hide. I climb out of bed and track my way to the door. I open wide and see Henry again.

"What's up kid? Shouldn't you be at school?" I say with such a groggy tired voice.

"You haven't noticed..."

"Noticed what?" I ask and that's when Henry rushes under my arm yet again and towards the window. "Kid you cannot keep barging into strangers rooms like that"

"You're not a stranger, you're my mom" he says, instantly melting my heart. However, that's not true, I gave up my writes several years ago, his mother is Miss Mills, not me. "Just come here and look" he enthusiastically states.

That's when I see it, over the trees, around 40 people gathered around the clock staring dumbfounded at it. I squint my eyes tighter making sure I am actually seeing what I believe and it was, the time was ticking from 8:15 to 8:16 am. The time its moving, how strange that Henry just assumes my presence at this town can change anything after all this time it's been frozen.