Part 9.

Regina Mills:

Henry sprints through the guest bedroom door again, this time leaving the room Emma is staying in. I was just about to enter with a mug of coffee just the way she likes it, with a little touch of whipped cream and a dazzle of cinnamon.

"Henry, stop running inside" i sternly command, that boy is always hyperactive and having his mother around just tops it off.

"Sorry mom, I have homework to do, bye" he chirps with his jolly tone, I've never met anybody so thrilled to have homework, but anyway... I proceed to walk down the corridor to Emma's room and laugh at my silly boy.

I open Emma's door to find her throwing on her black jumper over my white top. She slides on her boots over my grey sweatpants and I cannot help but smirk how ridiculous she looks. Brown knee high boots, grey joggers, and a black hoodie. I'm no fashion artist but this is most certainly not the look for Emma.

I notice she doesn't appear to see me peeping through the door, as she worries more about making sure everything is tidied to perfection. She tidied her bed tucking in every corner of my duvet that now smells sweetly of Emma. Her strong vanilla scent roaming the room.

"Hey" I chime, not wanting to startle the gorgeous yet scruffy blonde in front. She whips around seeing me present in the doorway but still she looks panicked or even worried.

"Er-..." She stutters as she rummages for her phone and keys on the bedside table, what is she doing? Is she okay?

"I made you coffee, just how you like it" I grin enclosing our gap and pecking her lips, something about this little kiss feels different though, it feels less returned and more one way.

"Thank you, but erm... I have to go..." She stutters dogging her hands deep in her jumper. She looks to the floor and refuses to meet my eyes, slowly causing my heart to tear into two separate parts, what have I done wrong now?

"You do? Where?" I ask with disappointment, I don't want Emma to go. Not now, not yet, not ever. She's the only person in this town willing to give me a chance, whose willing to protect me and even see the good in me. I can't let her leave not now the curse is broken.

"Uh...I need to go home... I have a Erm... I have a thing" She stammers again unable to get her speech audible and instant enough to form one simple sentence, making me enquire whether or not she's telling the truth.

"Em... what's wrong?" I question with more concern, why do have the gut feeling she's lying and just wants to escape this house? It's not as though I'm keeping her locked away in a tower to hide the gorgeous blonde away from the world, I'm not as much as I'd like to keep her for myself. I just have a nerve racking feeling that she's not being completely honest with me.

"What? Oh... nothing... I'm fine... it's just..." she sighs, she clearly knows she's coming across untrustworthy just by my blatant disbelief on my facial expression. "I have something to take care of... I'll call you" she sighs and closes the gap kissing me... on the cheek.

I sigh feeling my heart break, I just wish she could tell me the truth. Somethings not right I can feel it. She brushes past me and leaves the room, I freeze in the very spot I'm stood in and listen as Emma slams the front door with more force than intended. I feel my heart shattering into millions of pieces but I just don't understand why? I have so much hate towards her for being so indecisive... yet I lo...like her a lot too. Emotions are too much to bare for an ev... for a queen, all I need in this world is Henry.

I place the mug on the desktop of the draws where Emma's clothes are folded, her blue denim jeans, her grey tank top and her red leather jacket. She only taken her jumper and left her clothes here, clearly whatever is swarming in her brain, she is frightened or even shocked making her escape quicker than her little legs will carry her.