No Ring, No Proposal

He'd been hit by a truck and been in a coma for two days...and still, Taeho didn't care.

Please leave a message after the tone...

"Fuck!" Jungwoo yelled, stamping him foot onto the apartment floor.

He clicked his phone off, throwing it onto the bed.

A second later, it started to ring. Jungwoo jumped up, thinking it was his boyfriend.

It wasn't.

"Hey Taeyong," Jungwoo didn't mean to sigh, he didn't mean to sound upset, but he'd hoped, he'd wished, that it would be Taeho on the line.

"What's wrong Woo? Is your head hurting again? You sound...off..." the older replied.

"I'm fine, Tae, I just...I dunno. I don't feel good."

"Well get Taeho to help you out."

Jungwoo gritted his teeth. If he told the truth, he knew what Taeyong's reply would be. But he couldn't exactly lie...

"Taeho's not here."

"He's not there? Have you seen him at all since you were discharged?"

His teeth ground harder, sounding like metal against rock in Jungwoo's head.

"No."

They were both silent.

"Look, Woo-"

"No. Goodbye, Tae," Jungwoo interrupted, hanging up. He and Taeyong both knew where the conversation was going. And honestly, Jungwoo wasn't in the mood.

~~~

Brian looked around. No one in sight. He crouched down, eye-level with the lock. He pushed in a thin curl of medal and shoved it this way and that.

Click...click...click...open.

He pushed the door and stepped in.

The apartment was messy. The sink was piled up with bowls and plates, even old takeout boxes. With Jungwoo in a coma for two days, and Taeho being the uncultured swine he is, he'd bought only takeout while his boyfriend had been away. He hadn't even thought to visit Jungwoo once in hospital. Not even once. Brian had checked the visitor's register.

He heard a creak and dived to the floor. Footsteps slapped on the wooden floor...

If Jungwoo saw him...

But he didn't. Thank God he didn't.

Taeho watched as the bathroom light turned on and let out a breath he'd been holding.

This was his chance...

He dived into the bedroom the younger male had come out of and skulked to the corner of the room.

It's in the drawer, Bri, just get rid of it.

He pulled open the wooden drawer, wincing as wood slammed against wood. He searched with his cold fingers, trying to find the outline of a...

...A box...

There, a box. He fished it out nimbly and snapped it open. Just as it had been last time, the ring cushioned gently in velvet. Brian stuffed the box into his pocket.

And Jungwoo walked into the room.

Brian dived under the bed, hoping Jungwoo's sore, tired eyes would pin his shadow to be a trick of the light.

Jungwoo shrugged limply and climbed into bed again.

Brian had done it. He'd found the box.

If Jungwoo wasn't left to find the box himself, if the box was missing...Taeho couldn't propose.

Maybe Brian could kill the demon in Taeho before if even emerged.  

Now he just had to get rid of the ring.

But he still needed to stop the party.

~~~

So I've been pressuring myself to write longer chapter but I've got writers block so it's difficult, but I've decided I'm just gonna put them stamps and merge chapters together to make them longer.

IMPORTANT : some info so you guys aren't confused

Basically, Rosemary went to visit a 'friend' who has helped her before, and got him to go back in time or whatever to fix things.

Jungwoo and Yukhei always have three demons with them, in the last book, the demons were Jungwoo, Taeho, and Jungwoo's father.

You'll find out who Brian is later, but basically, he's trying to prevent Jungwoo and Yukhei from encountering the same obstacles they did last time so they can live happily :)))

Nobody remembers/knows about Jungwoo killing himself (or that Jungwoo and Yukhei are soulmates) apart from Brian and Rosemary.

It's complicated, but more will be explained with the plot :)))