Chapter 2

The screen on Gwen's pegasus transer flickered as she smiled and spoke with the person on the other side of her device strapped on her arm. It was a pain to have her arm in front of her to chat, but it was the only way for her to see her friend speaking with her.

"Do you want to drop by the studio today for a visit? It doesn't have to be a long visit," Sonia suggested animatedly. Gwen hummed in thought for a little before she decided on her words carefully. Might as well go and see what she had missed over the last year- probably nothing has changed on campus.

"I actually have to attend school today... so maybe after school. Besides, I'm already late," stated the female. A sigh sounded from her blue transer when she replied to her friend's question. "Gwen, you're always late to school."

"I'm aware."

The smile on Gwen's face only grew wider- it was obvious that she didn't care about her attendance as much as she did before. She actually preferred to stay at home more rather than see people who were unpredictable to her.

"Besides, it's not like I'm falling behind in studies. I know at least as much as a student attending school; I'm not as lazy as I seem to be, Sonia."

The famous singer Sonia Sky, only known as Sonia Strumm to Gwen, smiled back to send her friend a mental message before confirming it verbally. "I know."

"Well, I'll see you later. I'll head out now," the girl bid as she waved. "The teacher is going to chew my head off." Sonia laughed and waved back as they got ready to cut the call.

"Alright, I'll see you then."

The transer then closed the video call and transitioned into her usual blue digital screen, a sigh forcefully being heaved out from the owner.

"Dear god, school," Gwen suddenly muttered. Her lazy body then got up from the couch as she trudged back to her room to get herself ready and presentable for class despite being more than an hour late.

It took practically all of her will power to perform these actions and there was none left for her to use and get herself to school on her own. Nonetheless, she exerted more of her recovering energy to keep her legs moving right out the door of the house and down the sidewalk in the direction of Echo Ridge Elementary School.

"Curse this day... Now that I know the three are in my class, I'm going to dread coming back more that I thought I would..."

The walk to school was at an average distance, but it felt very short much to her dismay. She was now dreading the fact that she had to see the people she didn't like- they never actually talked to her, but instead talked about her from behind.

"I wonder why Sonia wanted me to visit her for," murmured the girl. "Is it a new song? Something she wanted to show me in person?"

Gwen continued to talk to herself as she tore her mind away from the fact that she was now in school for their first day, her first day after a year passed even. Her feet shuffled around clumsily wondering about where to go and possible turn back to head home, but instead she wandered around the halls quietly to look for her classroom.

The halls look really identical which confused her actions rather than her brain and to boot it she wasn't even paying attention anymore until muscle memory stopped her in front of a room labeled "2A".

"Noooo..." Gwen whined, but she sulked and entered anyways with all eyes focused on her.

"... Gwen Starr is it?" the teacher asked with a slight disappointed face.

"Yes, Miss..." she replied in a deflated tone.

"You're very very late and disrupting class! Please take a seat in any of the empty chairs." Her slender fingers then pointed over a two desks in the center diagonally apart from each other by one.

One of them was closer to Luna and her friends while the other was closer to only Zack-- just not as close. Cursing mentally at the thought of her luck, she headed off to the seat furthest away from Luna and Bud, taking her chances to suffer with Zack who was a seat away from her.

The three only smiled triumphantly at her return and considered it their win, but little did they know, she was going to disappear often. After her entry, the teach continued on with class to explain their syllabus and even went over the things she missed a second time much to many of the students' dismay.

Gwen didn't even bother with paying attention, but instead focused on playing around with the paper in hand and even checking her terminal once in a while.

"Gwen, would you like to repeat, what I just said to the class? You look bored, so I might as well give you something to do."

"Ughhhh..."

Hell had finally ended for her; the bell gave the signal release for the student and immediately Gwen took the chance to to her friend's studio. She couldn't take anymore of the building nor could she care less.

"Hey-"

"Sorry, not now, Patrick," she hurried.

The two waved anyways with the green haired boy left confused. He was only going to ask if she came back officially.

On the way to the studio, traffic was heavy due to a few workers heading home and even picking up their kids from school. The girl had to wait at several crosswalks, but it was surprising that she had luck on her side that day since she didn't have to wait long. Oddly enough, Gwen felt a specific pair of eyes resting on her, but she couldn't tell who from the large crowd she was in.

Her concern filled up in the pit of her stomach-- it could be an attacker from school who hated her guts or a complete stranger there to kidnap her. Briskly walking a looking around was her only options left until she got to the studio, but as she took the long way around she never saw anyone following her path strangely enough.

"That girl seems to know I'm here for some reason..." the being mused as it followed her. Bright orange tails swished around comfortably as it followed Gwen carefully and watched her met with her friend.

"Matching wave lengths too. Maybe I can hide using her device."

Little did Gwen know, her transer was quickly taken over by the orange being as she relaxed in the building's hall.

"Hello, did I come at the right, time...?" greeted the girl as she entered the singer's room. Sonia quickly whipped her head over to see who it was, her short magenta hair covering her emerald orbs for a second.

"Hey, Gwen! How was school?"

"Don't even ask... So what do you need from me this time?"

"Your attention and opinion of course," the idol replied nonchalantly. "Take a look at this, I wrote a song! Not like the manager would let me sing it, but whatever."

Gwen laughed a bit before taking the paper out of her grasp for a closer look. The idol then began playing a recording of the song she made after trying for days, but her face expressed a little concern for her project.

"To be honest, I just need a little help," she murmured as the recording played.

Listening, Gwen smiled and headed over to the dual keyboard as Sonia strapped her guitar around herself. "This part here. I was wondering if it should be harmonized."

"Hmm... How about this...?" Gwen asked as she slowly played a few notes. "Or this..."

The two continued to work and sing in a few parts in order to have Sonia's song perfect in her taste. She always said she hated having to sing music written for her, but if it was a friend she asked for a small amount of help with or even could sing with, Sonia was more than happy to participate.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second chaptet is up! I wasn't able to work on What's On The To-Do List? yesterday due to being busy the entire day! Apologies! I'll try to update it this upcoming Sunday and if I'm busy again I might move the update day to Saturday instead since Sundays are a bit hectic for me.

If you have any questions-- silly or not-- for me or my characters, feel free to send them in down the comments below and we'll reply in the next chapter in the author's section! R&R and enjoy!

~LilyBlizz