One.

"A weed is just a flower growing in the wrong place" ~ Cecelia Ahern.

"I'll bring the flowers down. You don't worry, everything going to be fine" I assure my aunt and hurry upstairs to bring the basket of flowers.

It's been a very hectic weekend. Today is my cousins engagement and the guests are to arrive any moment now.

"Sana" I knock frantically on the door.
"Pallak ? Is it you?" Comes the voice from inside.
"Yeaah Sana, I say impatiently.
"Acha (okay) come in" she tells me and I go inside.
My cousin is video calling her to-be husband, Ishan Kishan, a famous Indian cricketer and her boyfriend from quite a few years.
"Hi jeeju (brother in law)" I wave at the phone and then hurry to grab the flower basket.
"Kitna time lagega?" (How much time will it take you to reach)I ask him
"30-40 minute. Traffic bohut hai." (The streets are quite packed) He sighs. "Karo karo tayari" (continue , continue with your work)  he adds as I rush out of the room.

                                                                   ...

"Mona, help me out na" I call out to one of my cousins.
"Haan Pallak Bol Kya Karna hai" (Yes, Pallak, how shall I help you?) she comes along with Sana's sister Suhana and another of our cousins - Deepika.
I send all of them to do somethings and we meet again after 15 minutes.
"God! I'm so tired." Suhana sits down with a bottle of coke.
"Same guys" I sigh.
"Abhi toh engagement hi hai - soncho shaadi pe Kya hona hai" (Right now, it's only the engagement and all is so tiring, what'll happen on the wedding?) Deepika says.
"No, no shaadi won't be such a small gathering. So there will be planners and workers and all" (Wedding won't be a small event, so there will be planners and all) Mona reminds.
"Arey Haan (Oh right)! Thank God." I breathe
"Now I just want ki Ishaan Jeeju ke friends Mai I find a Acha Ladka" (Now I just want that I find a nice guy among our brother in law's friends) Mona laughs.
"Same" Suhana puts down her coke bottle.
"AREY ! Mai bhi" (me too!) I join.
"I toh am happy with my man" Deepika declares as she gets up.
We talk for a few more minutes till Sana comes in
"They are about to reach, mumma is calling you all." She says beaming with joy.

                                                               ...

We help my aunt in some last minute touch ups as the grooms' party arrives. Everyone starts Greeting each other and hugging and the hall starts to fill.

Then someone calls my name.

"Pallak Nair?"
I turn 
"Omg ! Riyaan Parag is it? "
I hug Riyaan, my high school classmate from back in London.
We talk for a few minutes and catch up on a few details.
"Come I'll introduce you to my friends" and he takes me along.
"Guys, this is my friend from London- Pallak" he says as we reach a group of boys.
"Hi" I add.
"Pallak , this is Abhishek Sharma, Manjot Kalra, Prithvi Shaw, Mayank Daggar and Shubman Gill" he introduces them "they are my under 19 team mates"
And boy ! I'm so dumbfounded. I cannot take my eyes off this guy called Shubman! He has this chiseled jaw , beautiful eyes , plump full lips and that physique ! Gawd ! I am so dead.
"What?" Shubman snaps his fingers in front of me and I realise I've been staring at him.
"What" I repeat and then look down, embarrassed.
Now it's Shubman's turn to check me out.
He bites his lips as he looks at me till Abhishek punches his arm
"Bhai Kya Kar raha hai ! Bhabhi ki rishtedaar hai. Ishaan se maar khayega" (Bro, what're you doing. She's our sister in laws Relative. Ishan will kill you) at which i smile and so does Shubman and I realise all of them are snickering.

Now I'm too embarrassed to say or do anything else , so I decide to go back to my cousins.
"I'll see you guys later" I say and walk away as they start laughing and talking again.

Phew! Chapter 1 done. Let me know what you think of it.
~T.