Twenty three

"I am so glad we were born during the same lifetime. - I may not believe in fate but I believe in you" ~ Amanda Lovelace

PALLAK'S POV

The whole ride was hella tiring - it took us a lot of time to reach the lake house.

During lunch, I tried to sit as far away from Shubman as possible and ended up right across from him. I caught him looking at me -like thrice, he was staring at me with as much intensity as was humanly possible, like he was seeing me for the first time, like he used to do, a long long time ago.

Dabs and Rahul were still continuing their bickering, tho they sat next to each other, at lunch, without a word from anyone.

Abhay and Samiksha were too busy in themselves, for their own good. Feeding each other and looking at each other and just laughing with themselves. They were enough for each other and didn't need anything else. Samiksha would make faces and he'd pull her cheeks. Then she'd stick out her tongue and he would kiss her like there was no one around.

Ishana and Manjot were a bit lowkey but their love was equally evident. Ishana would whisper something to Mandy, then blush and look down. While Manjot would laugh and then look lovingly at her and say something in her ears and sneakily kiss her cheek or temple and she'd blush more.

I was just being stalkerish, creepy and alone. The proof is above. Hey, don't mind me, what else was I supposed to do?

Now, to my horror, they were deciding the sleeping arrangements. There were only 3 rooms and 9 of us.

Do the math, which isn't even difficult this time.

"Three people per room" Abhay declared, like he had solved some big equation to arrive at the conclusion.

"I can take the couch" I offered, not wanting to Share a room, which with my Kismat (fate) I may have to share with Shubman and Kavya.

"No, Why would you do that" Samiksha interrupted.

"Let her, if she wants to" Kavya said nonchalantly.

Samiksha looked at Kavya with disbelief and was about to say something when Abhay held her hand and said "Let's come to that later. waise bhi sirf 2 din ke liye hai. sham ko bas sone aana hoga" (anyway we're here only for 2 days. Will have Just come to sleep)

"Mai, Shub aur Rahul ek(one) room" Manjot declared "Ishana, Dabs and Kavya the other room and Abhay, Sam and Pallak, the last one. Koi problem?"

Everyone was fine with this except Kavya "Why the only couple sharing the room are Sam and Abhay"

"because they are getting married soon" Shubman snapped.

Why is he so angry, I looked towards him and he was already staring at me.

When we went out, I tried to steer clear of Shubman.

I sticked with Sam and Abhay at first, and then with Dabs, when they got all lovey dovey.

"What does Kavya have against you, anyway?" Dabs asked me out of nowhere

"You noticed?" I laughed

"Kinda hard to miss. The glares she gives you! Oh god"

" I actually dated Shubman for a while before her" My voice quivered a bit

"Really?" Dabs asked me, just as Shubman walked past us, his eyes lingering on me a little more than necessary.

"Ow. That was awkward" Dabs said.

"What about you, What do you and Rahul have against each other?" I asked her, trying to divert the attention.