Twenty.

"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are" ~ E.E Cummings.

PALLAK'S POV

I was just getting ready to leave Sam's house, when the doorbell rang again. Thinking, it was Samiksha's next door cousin again. I opened the door.

There he was The Shubman Gill.

He looked just the same. Same dreamy eyes, Same chiselled jaw, Same hair, Same pink lips, even his smell was the same.

He was shocked to see me too. Abhay was besides his, muttering to himself.

"Hey" I finally say, with a smile as fake as it gets and let them in.

"Hey" Abhay side hugs me, while Shubman continues to go on , as if I was invisible.

"Sam" Abhay goes to her, while Shubman sits down.

"Acha mi chalti hu Samiksha" (I'll go)

"byee" she side hugs me and Shubman abruptly says

"Kab wapas aayi?" (When did you come back?)

"2-3 din hogaye" (it's been 2-3 days) I state, while Samiksha and Abhay exchange a look.

"Permanently?" he says, looking down.

Wow I say to myself. He Can't even look me in the eyes.

"yes" I say. "Samiksha, mujhe late horaha hai. I'll go. Bye Abhay. Bye Shubman" (Samiksha im getting late) I say his name very carefully.

"hmm" he nods

"Bye Pallak" Abhay smiles and Samiksha walks me to the door.

I walk out of the door and finally let the sadness take over.

I knew I would have to see Shubman again, we have the same friends but I had no idea I would have to face him so soon.

I mean ofcourse he is a famous cricketer now, so I see him playing, he is in a couple of advertisements as well but that is different.

"Hey Samiksha ki-" It was Sam's cousin

"oh my God. Are you okay?" he says as soon as he realises I'm crying.

"Pallak" I say and wipe my tears "I'm fine"

"Really? Did you and Sam have a fight?"

"No, No. It's just- It's Complicated"

"Boy problems?"

I nod.

"Let me take you home"

"It's fine. I live nearby. I'll take an auto."

"ofcourse not" he takes my hand and leads me downstairs

"I'm Rahul" he says

I just nod

( okay guys, so let me introduce Rahul Verma, portrayed by KL Rahul. He won't be a cricketer but the CEO of Verma Industries, a famous international firm And he will be Samiksha's next door neighbour and her paternal cousin. Thanks ~ T 🌸)

SHUBMAN'S POV

Here I was sipping coffee in Samiksha's house and Pallak was outside somewhere, hating me. It was extremely hard to see her after all this time, unprepared. She doesn't even know why I did, what I did.

She looked just the same, Same deep eyes, Same soft face, Same beautiful Auburn hair, Same plump lips, she smelled more than ever like Summer and Cool breeze , idk.

"kaha kho gaya?" (Where did you get lost?) Abhay almost shouts

"Haan? kya?" (Yes? What?) I ask

"Is it about Pallak?"

"n-no what?"

"Shub, I know you"

"I don't Know yaar, the way she said my name- She never- It's vey hard. I know she is hurting."

"Tu usko bol de na" (so tell her na)

"and what do you think will happen? for all I know she hates me" I sigh

"She still deserves to know the truth. The excuse you gave her was bullshit."

"I need to focus on my career was the best excuse I could think of"

"It still was bs"

"Fine! I'll tell her. Is she coming To Manjot's Road trip thing?"

"She said she would"

"I'll tell her Tab hi"

"what about your girlfriend?" Abhay asks

"what about her?"

"you know"

"I don't know, Abhay"

Suddenly my phone rings. It's Kavya.

"hey" she says

"hi"

"Kaha ho Shub?"

"Samiksha's"

"oh"

"Kya hua?"

"I was Thinking, we could have Lunch?"

"Sure babe. I'll pick you up"

PALLAK'S POV

"We were going pretty strong. We'd text, facetime. We even conquered the time differences and then one day he realises I'm a distraction and he needs to focus only on his career" I cry

"Sounds like a jerk"

"No" I say "I don't know"

he just laughs

"Yaha se right" I'm giving him the directions to my house. (Right from here)

"Haan bas" I say as soon as I reach my home. (Yes stop)

"So, I'll see you around?" he asks me

"Yeah I think so" I smile

"Give me a call if you want to rant or want to talk or just need something. okay?"

He takes a card and writes his number on it's back side.

"now you have my business as well as personal number"

I laugh "thankyou, Rahul. Bye"

OMG!!! I Hope Shubman gets to make his debut tomorrow. It'll be so exciting. Like seeing Shub playing for the senior team would be so emotional *sob sob* Plsssss.
hope y'all liked the chapter.
Thankyou
~T🌸

 Okay we're up there^