three

When the Party's Over
"Call me friend but keep me closer"

We sat like that for a little while before Louis finally arrived. He only had swimming trunks on. I'm not going to lie, he was a bit hot. But we were only friends. I didn't really want to be more than that. Louis jumped in the water and splashed us both. Violet jumped in next, both waiting for me. I braced myself for the freezing cold water. I felt my hair flow in the water as I swam towards the surface. It was deeper than expected. But it was still freezing cold. I shivered a little and waited for my body to get used to the temperature. "How are you two not cold?" I asked, I seriously could not understand how they weren't even phased by the water. "Cause we're not chicken." I laughed a little at Violet's mocking words. "Sure you aren't. Might I remind you when you got scared and-" Violet splashed a lot of water towards me in an attempt to make me not finish my sentence, which worked. "We don't speak of that!" She yelled. All of us laughed. I looked over to Louis, who was floating on his back. His eyes were closed, so I pointed at him to Violet. We both splashed him at the same time, scaring him. His hair looked exactly the same, wet or not. We both giggled at him, "I'll get you guys back for this one." He winked at us both, but it seemed more directed towards me. I furrowed my brows at him, then stuck my tongue out. Violet and I looked at each other for a second. When we looked back at Louis, he was beaming. Both of us concerned, we swam away from him. I looked back and didn't see Louis. A wave of panic rushed through me, but then he grabbed me from behind. "Jesus Christ Louis! You can't scare me like that!" I yelled at them both. I don't know why I got so defensive, and they were obviously more confused than I. I took a few deep breaths, I was in need of some serious introvert time. I got out of the water, they were looking at me with eyes of confusion and concern. As I sat on the shoreline, I sighed. "Clem, are you alright?" "I'm fine. Just...I don't know. I need some alone time I guess?" They weren't as confused, but were still concerned. Sometimes I just snapped like this. I mean, I got scared that Louis wasn't ok. I cared about the two of them too much for my own good. But I knew I'd be ok. I changed back into dry clothes, letting my bathing suit dry on its own.

I laid down on a mountain of blankets and grabbed my phone, powering it back on. There was no service out here, but that was expected. I turned on some music and blasted it in my earbuds, softly humming along to it. I was truly alone, my body could always tell when I was. I usually liked that. But right now, I just find myself wanting to be with Louis. I tried to ignore those thoughts, and finally got absorbed into peace.