twenty one

Car radio

"I ponder of something terrifying, cause this time there's no sound to hide behind"

Louis looked up from his phone, smiling at me but noticing the tensity in the air. He frowned, "What's wrong?" I turned to Violet, "Can I talk to him alone?" She nodded, walking out of the room. I walked over to Louis, pulling the test out of my bag. I handed it to him as his face dropped, "You're pregnant?" I looked down ashamed. He put his arms on my shoulder, taking a deep breath, "Hey, it'll be ok," I sighed at him, putting my head on his shoulder. "I have a pill, I can take it...if you want. I'm not ready to be a mom, and you're not ready to be a dad. Fuck, we're in college," I heard him sigh. "Clem, I don't want to do this but I'm not ready to be a dad," I nodded. "I know". I looked to the bathroom and walked in. We heard Violet come back in as Louis hugged me from behind. "I'm sorry Clementine," he whispered in my ear. I sorrowfully smiled. I promised myself that next time I got pregnant, I would want to, then I swallowed the pill. I turned around to Louis, him hugging me. I heard Violet walking towards us, joining in on the hug. 

"How come you didn't tell me about you guys being together?" She sounded more concerned than curious. "We-I was scared it would ruin our friendship," she looked at me, "I love you guys, but you need to tell me these things," I nodded to her, smiling a bit. I got really sudden cramps, crouching over in pain. "Jesus christ!" I yelled. Violet smiled at me, "Come on, we should get you in the bathroom". 

I was sitting there for hours, crying, cramping, and bleeding. The life inside of me was...gone. Did I make the right decision? I rested my head in my arms. Fuck, I just really did that. I looked to the shower, I need to get all this blood off me. I turned on the water, it spurting out quickly. Then, getting in, I watched the blood go down the drain. That was the blood of a new life. Jesus, I need to stop thinking about this. What would Lee and AJ think? 

There was a knock on the door, "Clem? How are you feeling? Violet went out to the store," I sighed, turning off the shower. I wrapped a towel around my body and opened the door. Looking up to Louis, a set of tears streamed down my face. "I feel like shit". He hugged me tightly. "I have some of your pajamas warmed up for you on your bed," I put them on, it felt like I was wearing a heater. It was cozy, and exactly what I needed. I walked back over to Louis, still crying a little bit. "Thank you, you're amazing," he smiled at me. "I know," I snickered at him. He was the one person who could make me laugh right now. 

He kissed me on my forehead, hands cupped on my cheeks. He pulled away, looking at me and wiping my tears with his thumbs. He embraced me in a tight hug, "We're gonna be ok," I nodded into his chest. He cupped my cheeks again, "I love you, Clementine," I smiled at him. "I know, I love you too".

We laid on his bed, watching stupid videos and laughing. I felt...complete. Complete, happy, blissful. There's no other way to describe it. Violet finally arrived back home, smiling at us. She came over and stroked my head, "Feeling better?" I was already half-asleep, nodding tiredly. I saw her smile at me again, "Alright, good night you two," she turned off the lamp and we all finally fell asleep. This day was finally over. 

I woke up with Louis' arms wrapped around me. Smiling, I began to get up. With one swift movement, Louis pulled me back down on the bed, hands wrapped around my waist. I yelped at him, waking Violet up. She groaned, "You guys are cute and all, but I'm trying to sleep," I laughed for a second. "Vi, how come you hate Airi?" She frowned, "I don't, I just-forget it," I smirked, knowing what she was doing. She always got this way when she likes someone. But I also knew why she was holding back, Minerva. We hadn't even met Minerva yet. With this acknowledgment, I asked her why we hadn't. She looked at me for a second, the got up. "I don't know about Minerva...I just-I don't know if we'll last," she grabbed a bag of chips, opening them. "Does that make sense?" I nodded, "Yeah but you shouldn't be dating for the future. You should be dating for now," she nodded at me. "I don't know, either way I feel like it'll crash and burn. But it also kind of seems like she's holding back," Louis finally cut in, "That's probably why you think it'll crash and burn," I nodded in agreement with him. It was weird how we were so casual after all of yesterday.

There was a knock at the door, Violet getting up and opening it. She sighed, looking to me as I walked over. She offered her chips to her, as a peace offering, before I finally cracked the door open all the way. Airi hugged me for a second, "How are you feeling?" I laughed, "Better, bleeding for like three hours last night wasn't fun," she laughed along with me.

I looked at her for a second before we heard shouting from down the hall, they were yelling for Airi. "Is that your boyfriend?" She snickered at me, "Clem, you're gay-dar is actually broken. I'm extremely gay," I just said "Oh," and we began laughing. "That makes sense," she nodded to me before he started shouting again. "Someone probably got drunk and broke something," Louis was behind me looking at her questioningly. "Alright, well I'll see you soon," she nodded before giving me another hug. 

I turned around, slightly smiling to Louis then looking to a blushing Violet. I smirked at her before she muttered, "I didn't know that was an option." 

Another chapter bois.