twenty two

The Beach

"If I told you that I loved you tell me what would you say?"

Louis suddenly spoke up, "Why don't we go on a double date?" Violet looked to him, "Wait with Minerva or Airi?" "That's for you to decide," we smirked at Violet as she groaned, "Fine, I need to talk to Minnie anyways," she paused for a second, "I think I'm breaking up with her," our mood changed quickly. I walked over to hug her, "Good luck."

Violet came back soon enough with a guilty look on her face. My lips were pressed together as I looked at her, "How'd it go?" She looked down, "She understood, but I feel guilty that I'm going out with Airi right after," I smiled. "This was the best thing you could've done," she nodded and began to walk to the closet. "I guess we're going out now?" I scrunched my face up, "Once we get dressed then get Airi, we'll leave. How about we go to the arcade?" Louis got excited, sitting up and nodding in the background. I smiled at him. Focusing back on Violet, she was nodding too. I laughed at the both of them and walked over to my closet. I finally picked out some sneakers, loose ripped jeans, and a small black tube top. Grabbing a windbreaker and throwing it on, I looked to Louis and Violet while opening the door. "Let's go."

We were driving to the arcade with Airi, who was looking at me curiously, mouthing "why does Violet not hate me anymore" as I just made a heart shape with my hand. She furrowed her eyebrows, more confused than before. Louis turned around in his seat, giving me a quick smile then turning back around. I rolled my eyes at him, yet still smiling. 

As we pulled up, Louis got out with a childish grin on his face. We were quick to enter while Vi and Airi stayed back, presumably so Violet could apologize to Airi. Red lights lined the ceiling, giving off a red hue. Louis and I ran over to the pinball machines, they'd always been our favorite. We inserted the quarters we'd stuffed in a small bag into the slots, waiting for them to start up. I noticed Violet and Airi staring over our shoulders as we hit the buttons, eager to win. Our machines quit at the same time as we awaited our scores. Louis' came up with 37094, while mine was 42756. I quick yelled "Ha!" as I heard a quiet, yet noticeable, muttering from Louis. I laughed at him. I turned to Violet, "We're going to go find the Simpsons game," she laughed at us, nodding her head. I knew which memory she was thinking about when I mentioned it, playing it back as we walked. We always used to fight over who would play with who, who won, whatever. It was always so much fun to come to the arcade, but this one wasn't the one back at home. 

Eventually finding the game we were looking for, we played it for minutes. This time, Louis won as I loudly whispered, "Fuck!" Louis grinned at me, showing all his teeth. I saw a door behind him, "What's out there?" He turned around, "Probably a door outside," I nodded towards it as he exited swiftly, me following. There was lights lining the the railing over an empty ditch. I leaned over it, thinking of the first night I met Airi. Louis put his arms around my waist, pulling me close to him. I laughed a little, looking up to him. He kissed the top of my head, "Clem, I love you," this hit me like a bomb. "What?" I turned around to him as he simply repeated himself. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. "I've been thinking about saying it for a while, because I do. I really do," I nodded back. "I know-" I could barely speak without stuttering, "I just-the problem is...I think I love you back." 

He was clearly a bit taken aback before breaking into a smile. His hands cupped my cheeks as he kissed me softly. We were interrupted as we heard an "Oh," and some giggling. We turned to see Violet and Airi standing there, "Sorry, but we were looking for you," we laughed a little, Louis had a light pink shade dusted over his cheeks. Violet waved her hand to the car, "I realized I have some homework so we'll have to cut the night short," we both nodded and began walking in that direction. 

When we dropped Airi off, Violet was blushing slightly. Both Louis and I had our eyebrows raised. "Before you ask, I'm taking it slow and today was showing her I didn't hate her," we both snickered by I could tell Louis wanted to hear more, face dropping after the laughter. I smiled at him when we entered the room as Violet loaded up her computer. Louis's hand grazed mine as he began talking, drinking a bit of hot cocoa to shield the cold wind outside. "Do you want to go to the park?" I nodded, looking to Violet. She smiled, "Go. Have fun." 

When we got there, we both immediately ran to the swings, Louis yelling "I win!" between our fits of giggling. He got close to me as we just smiled at each other, he kissed me as I smiled. We were both smiling into the kiss. He looked down to me, "You make me happy," all I felt was happiness in that moment. "You make me happy too," we sat down on the swings, trying to stay synced so we could hold hands. It didn't work as Louis was a lot stronger than me, "I can't believe we were friends just this summer," I looked to him as he slowed down. "We shouldn't have waited so long," I watched him get up and linger behind me. I knew what he was about to do. I prepared myself as I swung back and felt his fingers jab into my sides. I yelped, shouting a little bit. "Jesus Christ Lou!" I had already stopped moving, Louis laughing softly behind me. I got up, looking to him. He brought me into a warm embrace, "You mean everything to me." I smiled, he was everything to me.

Yo, woahh. I think this is actually the end of this book. Jesus I wasn't planning this but this is a good ending. WoaH. So, I think I'm going to do a Q/A (question and answer) thing so just comment questions here and I'll answer them soon and maybe some from a list or something. So, see you soon famalam.