Day 2: Holding Hands

AN: An hour late, tsk tsk tsk.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Death have been looking for him, the skeleton with glitches over his one eye socket, ever since they 'met'.

The young Chief cop have been walking the same street, same time, everyday, but there was not a single sign of the smaller skeleton.

It had been two weeks since the incident and Death was starting to think that maybe he was just hallucinating. Driven by the deep sadness dwelling inside him.

But then, he thought, hallucinations can't touch you. Yet Death was a hundred percent sure that he felt it.

The smaller skeleton wearing a red scarf, Death felt his touch. It was soft and warm. It was gentle with a strong sense of longing.

It was mystifyingly addicting which left Death craving for more.

It was the feeling Death have been looking for.

A touch without an intent of hurting him.

And so much better! From someone who didn't die from his own touch!

Death must find him!

If only if it was that easy. Without a name, or even a picture, it would be much harder to find this skeleton. To make things worse, both monsters and humans cannot distinguish one skeleton from another. In their eyes, skeleton monsters all looked exactly the same yet with various heights.

That was it: heights.

Great.

Death was exhausted and sleepy and running out of hope. Sulking in his office and refusing to talk to anyone unless it was about the glitched skeleton, which Death had promptly ordered everyone to find.

Burying his face on his arms which was folded over his desk, Death heaved a heavy sigh. A new wave of depression washing over him.

He just couldn't believe that the only person who didn't die from his 'curse', slipped away and disappears without a trace.

Why does fate has to be so cruel?

Heaving another heavy breath, he felt his eyes shut softly and his tense shoulders relaxing. He drifted off to a light sleep for a few minutes before being startled awake by the door being slammed open by a fat human cop holding a bag of pastries and a cup of coffee with spider logo on it.

"Chief! I found him!" The fat human exclaimed excitedly, knowing his boss' desperateness to find this specific skeleton.

Death was instantly on his feet, out the door and to his car. Starting the engine and driving immediately to the given location.

Death found himself standing in front of a small cafe located in the far east of the city, far away from where Death had first encountered him.

There was a long line outside but payed no mind to it.

Simply flashing his badge to the security guard and he was in. Immediately, he was offered a seat by a skeleton.

But it was not him. This one was wearing a blue bandana around his neck, not red scarf.

Death was greatly disappointed. Maybe the human had mistaken this one as him.

Nonetheless, Death sat down and ordered his favorite decaffeinated drink and continues to sulk. Once again burying his face on his folded arms over the table.