Day 26: Rescue

AN: I'm....hibernating....?

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Death almost- almost threw his phone across the room as he heave a deep breath and slowly let it out. Practically breathing out his frustrations through his mouth before his feet automatically began pacing back and forth.

He tucked his chin in between his thumb and forefinger in a thinking manner but due to the heavy stress, his hand ends up clamping the lower half of his face. Death didn't seem to notice it though as he was too preoccupied with his thoughts.

"Death?" he heard Geno calls his name and when Death looked up at the other, momentarily stopping himself from pacing, he saw the evident worry deep within the smaller skeleton's hollow eye. "What's wrong?" Geno asked.

Upon hearing the question, only then Death became aware of his actions; his tense shoulders, the hard look on his face, over all his body language; it screams frustrations. Realizing that he's making Geno worry, Death willed himself to physically relax.

He can't let Geno know about this.

He'll take Geno to safety and tackle this problem on his own.

~~~~

The ride back to Toriel's place was quiet as the two skeleton sat on the back seat of the police car followed by two more, slightly grazed sleek ones where the injured bodyguards were.

Death still refused to tell Geno the matter that's bothering him.

As Geno stole a glance at the taller skeleton right beside him, he saw his arms were folded over his chest and his serious, nearly glaring eyes directed out the window. Although he wasn't focused on what's outside. Neither he was interested on the buildings and scenery passing by. Death was just looking out there quietly, lost in his thoughts with a firm frown plastered on his face.

Geno didn't know what's wrong with him. He wanted to comfort him; make him feel better but without any clue as of what's happening, he was of no help. The mere thought of it make him feel useless. It was an unpleasant feeling.

Leaning his back gently against the soft backrest, Geno breathe out a shallow sigh. Casting his gaze downward, at his feet dangling off the edge of his seat at the car's dark floor beneath.

He hoped whatever the matter was, it wasn't too bad.

It didn't take long before they arrived at their destination. But it wasn't where Geno expected it to be. The large dark-colored metal gates heavily guarded with securities. Geno's soul dropped upon recognizing the place.

"Wha-? Why are we here?" Geno asked, his voice rising with evident panic as he instinctively curled up halfway as the gates opened, revealing a familiar three story mansion behind. "Death?!" he nearly yelled in urgency as he felt the car move forward into the territory.

He can feel the hot tears welling in his only eye as they grew closer and closer to the porch. His soul pounding against his chest followed by the cold dread settling over his head. He didn't want to be here at all. Not after what happened.

Not after how they treated him here. "Death, please!" Geno begged as the gates closed and it felt as if his fate was sealed. And it was not a good thing.

Geno snapped his head back towards Death, ready to speak out another plea only to see the taller already stepping out the vehicle. He slammed the door closed with an unnecessary amount of force which made Geno slightly retreat away. Afraid that he might be adding to the taller skeleton's frustrations. Was he? A sudden pang of guilt hit him.