12 - Parselmouth

"Why didnt you tell us youre  parselmouths?" Hermione asks, having dragged you and Harry with rons help all the way to your quarters. You now stand in front of your fire, being scolded by the two. "Why didnt you tell us?"

"We're what?" You ask, looking between Hermione and Ron in confusion.

"You can talk to snakes."

"I know. I mean, we accidentally set a python on my cousin Dudley at the zoo once. Uh, once! But, so what? I bet loads of people here can do it." Harry says, brushing it off. You nod, clearly that must be it.

"No, they can’t. It’s not a very common gift, Harry. This is bad." Hermione states, while Ron looks between the two of you.

"What’s bad? If we hadn’t told that snake not to attack Justin-"

"Oh, thats what you said." Ron makes on 'O' shape with his mouth, nodding.

"You were there! You heard us!" You shout, throwing your hands to your sides.

"I heard you speaking Parseltongue. Snake language?" You shake your head, you'd spoken English! Youre sure of it!

"But....but we spoke English! How can we speak a different language and not know it?"

"I don’t know, but it sounded like you were egging the snake on, or something. Guys, listen to me. There’s a reason the symbol of Slytherin House is a serpent. Salazar Slytherin was a Parselmouth. He could talk to snakes, too."

"Exactly! Now the whole school’s gonna think Harrys his great- greatgreat grandson, or something."

"And they wont think anything of it because I'm already related to Meredith. They'll think she could speak it too.....but Ive read her journal! She couldn't speak to any creatures!"

"And I cant be related to Salazaar!" Harry cries, shaking his head.

"He lived a thousand years ago; for all we know, you could be." Hermione says, looking to Harry with concern. Sure, you would get out of this easy. The school knows you arent related to Salazaar, but Harry? His ancestral possibilites are endless.....

*Time Skip*

Now at Christmas time, you eat in the great hall with Ron and Harry. There's been another attack already, and it got a student and Nearly Headless Nick. You now sip from a goblet, waiting for Hermione as you drink (favorite drink).

She approaches soon, coming to your section of the great hall; being it is mostly empty at Christmas time. Luckily, Draco is here this year, so Harry and Ron will have plenty of time to get information from him.

"Everything’s set. We just need a bit of who you’re changing into." Hermione says, taking her seat next to you as the boys sit across the table.

"Crabbe and Goyle." You say, setting down your golden cup.

"We also need to make sure that the real Crabbe and Goyle can’t burst in on us while we’re interrogating Malfoy." She says, looking between the boys. "I’ve got it all worked out. I filled these with a simple Sleeping Draught." She says, setting down to cupcakes with chocolate frosting.

"Simple, but powerful. Now, once they’re asleep hide them in the broomstick cupboard and pull out a few of their hairs, and put on their uniforms."

"Whos hair are you ripping out then?" You ask, looking to the girl.

"I’ve already got mine. Millicent Bulstrode– Slytherin- I got this off her robes." She holds up a sliver of brown hair. "I’m going to go check on the Polyjuice Potion. Make sure that Crabbe and Goyle find these." She hands you the cupcakes, and you look at the intricately placed spinkles. She then walks away, and you stand from the table.

"Alright, lets go boys." You say, walking out of the great hall with Harry and Ron in your wake.

*Time Skip*

In a hallway, you hide behind a statue with the cupcakes. Ron points his wand at them, but you stop him as you point to his super glued wand.

"Ill do it." You say, taking out your dragon fang wand. You point at the cupcakes.

"Wingardium Leviosa." They float, and you lead them to the center of the hall. "Here they come!" You push the boys behind the statue, hiding as Crabbe and Goyle round the corner. They have loads of sweets in their hands, and as they see the floating cupcakes they giggle. They shove them in their mouths, and within seconds they pass out.

"How thick can you get?" You ask, amazed they would do something so stupid as to eat floating cupcakes. "Well....lets go get 'em."

*Time Skip*

Back in Moaning Myrtles restroom, Hermione pours her potion into three cups, stirring the hairs into each. The boys stare at the chunky gray liquid in disgust, and you gag.

"I'm so glad I dont have to drink that." You say, since this isnt a four person job. Your part in it is to make sure Draco finds the disguised Harry and Ron, or Crabbe and Goyle to be specific.

"Just go find Malfoy. I dont want more people to see me do this...." Ron says, taking the cup in his hands. You give a good luck salute as you walk from the restroom and towards the dungeons, looking for Draco.

*Time Skip*

"Malfoy!" You exclaim, finding the boy walking down the halls. He turns, smiling when he sees you.

"(L/N)?" His grin turns to a frown as he approaches you, and he creases his eyebrows. "I never did apologize for the duel, did I?"

"Its fine, Draco. I know you didnt mean it." You say, putting a hand on his shoulder. "We cant let your father know we still talk, he'd kill.....me, probably. So, if we have to be rude to each other sometimes, thats fine. We dont mean it." He smiles at you, a real, genuine smile.

"You bring out the best in me, Dratheum."

"I know I do." You say, winking. He laughs, and you turn around a stone corner. There, you see Percy, his prefect badge on his cloak, looking down at 'Crabbe' and 'Goyle'.

"Crabbe, Goyle!" Draco says, strutting towards them as you follow. Your capes flourish behind you, and you imagine it looks awesome since yours doesnt have sleeves, simply clasping around your neck. "Where have you two been? Pigging out in the Great Hall all this time? Why are you wearing glasses?"

You look up at Goyle, seeing he is still wearing glasses. Harry - or Goyle - takes them off quickly, hiding them in his pocket.

"Ah-uh-reading." You raise an eyebrow at Harry, knowing that is a terible excuse for someone like Goyle. Draco scrunches his nose, glaring at Harry.

"I didnt know you could read." He turns to Percy, looking up at the curly haired ginger. "And what are you doing down here, Weasley?"

"Mind your attitude, Malfoy." With that, Percy Weasley walks away, giving you a skeptical look as he heads back to the Gryffindor common room.