Home

    Life is not all candy corn and rainbows

It's not all smiles, lollipops and gum drops. Its not always happy and it damn sure ain't a lot of things worth smiling for.

My whole life I was told of the wonders of life. How it was an amazing, refreshing experience filled with love and joy.

They sold me a dream, and I bought it not knowing they were selling me a lie.

Life is hard. Hard as hell. Sometimes unbearably hard. Filled with heart break, pain, death and a helluva a lot of downs and disappointment.

My life was a disappointment.

      I, Kalia Acosta am an unexplainable outcast. Kicked away from society. Kicked away from the ones I loved. I was unappreciated, and looked over. By my family, and people at my school.

     My family pretended to like me. My school hated me.

         My family praised people who had their same views. I was an oddball having my own opinions. They wanted rich doctors, lawyers, and business owners. They turned away from injustices in society, they looked down on people less fortunate.

     I just wanted to paint and be happy.

     I wanted to build up the torn down.

              I wanted to improve society.

                         I want to save souls.

   To them money was happiness.

             To me it was just love.

    I wanted to be loved by my family, by people, by friends. I never received it. I only received foul names. Concussions and embarrassment at school.