Welcome Home Saint

Welcome Home $aint

Welcome Home $aint

The banner swung from the ceiling of Northridge community center. The mass of people —most who I didn't even know—filled the area to celebrate me.

Celebrating my return to the hood.

Returning here to me marked my demise. I wasn't gonna be shit here. I wouldn't amount to shit. Another statistic. Another gangbanger.

Should this have been a celebration?

Nah, but as a camera rolled around for pictures with me and my family I posed, wanting to make them happy.

Someone needed to be

I wasn't surprised that they'd thrown me a party. Christina, moms, Ye, Rae and Cato had been acting suspicious & shit since I'd came home.

Christina I'd only spoken to over the phone. Even though she didn't stay in $outhside anymore and had moved to northridge she would've driven down to see me anyway. She hadn't.

She'd been setting this all up .

Balloons, banners, catered food, a photo booth, and alcohol filled the center as people talked and mingled.

Max-b was on the music and a song with nice base was thumping. People scattered around dancing and showing they ass.

40's decorated people's hands as they drunk them like they were water. I could smell weed faintly lingering through the place.

It was a good turn out.

I stood with Cato watching as Ye and Rael went back and forth about some stupid shit. Rae had her leg posted on the wall, arms crossed and was mugging the hell outta Ye.

He had a hand over her head leaning on the wall for support. From the outside, it looked like ye was trynna kick shit to her.

We all knew they was tryna keep their arguing quiet.

Fuck it, they was failing.

Ye's voices boomed through the area "All I'm saying is when I enter a room. It's coo' if you say wassup or some shit. Yeen gotta act like I don't exist everytime."

Rae sat as if she didn't hear anything he was saying. Typing away on her phone. Oblivious to how pissed she was making him.

I had to give it to Rae. She was a bad ass. Savage even. Most people respected Ye. Most girls fell for his bullshit. She'd been giving him this same attitude since we was youngins.