chapter 28

"Welcome to the third task of the Tri-Wizard Tournament!" Instead of Bagman, it was Lee Jordan who had been allowed the honour of being the announcer for the third task. Harry had made the offer to all the students and teachers to share the languages of the three schools.

There were quite a few who declined when they heard it involved legilimancy but it was not held against them. Interacting with another person's mind was a very intimate and private thing.

"As you can see, Headmistress Flamel of Durmstrang has created a unique type of arena. We can only hope that she hasn't been giving secret tips to her school's champion."

"MISTER JORDAN!" Minerva McGonagall didn't need spells to be heard.

"Lee, keep it up and I'll make you take my place." Harry commented from his position with Fleur and Viktor.

"Erm......"

"Moving on......" Harry prompted the now worried commentator.

Lee went on to describe the seemingly transparent, three floor building. At the moment it was full of empty rooms, but once the champions entered, it would be filled with furniture, traps and enemies. The winning champion had to be the last one standing. All enemies had to be eliminated and so did the other two champions.

"When I win this, I expect a foot massage." Fleur commented calmly to Harry. With the ability to share languages, the trouble with pronunciations of foreign words was fixed.

"What do I get if I win?" Harry asked curiously.

"You get to massage my feet." She smirked without missing a beat.

Viktor laughed.

"I am not massaging his feet if he wins." Harry said adamantly.

"No, if Viktor wins then you will massage my feet and your girl's feet as well."

"GO VIKTOR! CRUSH HIM!"

Harry turned and looked at the stands incredulously. There were Pansy, Daphne Tracey and Gemma hollering and hooting. "Gee thanks for the loyalty." Harry grumbled.

"If you are all ready?" Albus queried. He was clearly amused by Harry's suffering.

"Just get on with it Albie." Harry made it a point to use his nickname for the old man whenever he irritated him.

"Very well, you may enter now."

What followed was something that all the spectators would remember for the rest of their lives. It made the previous two tasks look like a committee meeting...... without the slide show.

For the first time in the history of the Triwizard Tournament, the names of the champions and the victor would go down in history. It finally delivered on 'eternal glory'.

Viktor, Fleur and Harry had entered the same door to the building, but they appeared at different points. Fleur was on the bottom floor, Viktor on top and Harry in the middle. Of course, the champions had no way of knowing this as from their point of view the walls, floors and ceilings were opaque.

Each had a different approach as to how they dealt with every room.

Fleur went for subtlety and stealth. She would cast various detection charms on the doors and walls before entering the room whilst disillusioned. Often she got away with it. If it was a creature the room contained then they were easily dispatched, they were simply confused by the self-opening door.

If the room contained sentient combatants then she had a good chance at defence and occasionally outright stomping on them. Sentient combatants consisted of either a pair or trio of seventh and sixth year students or a volunteer professor. Just not the defence professors, because that would be unfair.