Chapter 1 - En Ledig Dag

Although Frida and Benny do not know each other yet, you can read by listening to Stockholm by Night from Benny's solo album. ❤

Maybe alone in this life, with no reference to follow? Where would his father be? Where were the other "Lyngstad"? She did not know. There were no clues, where to run after the death of his beloved grandmother.
"You have no choice, Frida. Ragnar is not that bad after all. Frida said, putting her last belongings in her handbag. She did not have many things, she wore her usual dresses and clothes, an old brush and some pictures showing her nationality and who the Lyngstad really were.

She was helpless, not so long ago that her great influence on the art of music had passed away. In the meantime, he met a musician, known for playing trombone, Ragnar Fredkrisson. She was only 16 years old, the proposal was tempting. Despite the age difference, she simply accepted. It was the chance to achieve their goals and the heyday of being known in the music world.

After these events and swirls of emotions in Anni-Frid's life, she felt satisfied but not happy. The house where she lived was indeed very beautiful, with a large, rustic decor and a spacious garden with several daisies and sunflower fields.

With her marriage to Ragnar, Frida managed to get closer to great recognition, presentations on various television shows, compilations, appearances and even a group called Anni-Frid four. With your leadership and your husband.
On one day with a great gust of wind and an impertinent cold, Frida sat down in the rocking chair on the porch, drinking coffee in a porcelain cup of delicate roses, thinking of her interior, her soul. Was she really that happy Anni-Frid who appeared in every show alongside Ragnar? Would she be fully prepared to live a housewife's life?

Is everything alright, dear? You look a little pale. said Ragnar, running his wide hands over Frida's delicate face, taking a small bottle of whiskey from the pocket of his jacket and lighting a cigar. His blush disappeared. he said, feigning concern.
"I'm fine. Ragnar, after all, everything is fine, do not you think?" Hans thinks so too. said Frida, her wind-blown hair looking sadly at him, laying her hands on her belly, where she awaited her first child.
"Well ... Anyway, when you're willing, we need to do some more rehearsal for the huge presentations we'll have during those days. Things are normal for me, soon Hans will be born. And I could not be happier with this news. said Ragnar, taking a large swig of his whiskey, running his heavy hands into Frida's golden hair, looking maliciously at her.
"Yes. I really could not be happier, either. said Frida, ducking, giving a brief cynical smile, looking directly into his eyes. As she got up to go upstairs, get a book to read and put more coffee in her veins.

But of course, she never expected to have such a young son. But again, in her head she hammered, what choice did she have? Was it really love that way, or just a marriage that way? Based on homework, homework, and no physical communication? It was hammering in her head, making her sick. So are not weddings like the movies?
A new responsibility would come soon, taking care of a child. No one taught her to do this! She thought. Being a mother would also be a new profession for her.

Despite her pregnancy, Frida made great efforts to get the house in order in a satisfactory way. She was getting more and more unwell and tired, she could not stand for a long time. She lacked friends. Where would they be at these times? She lacked support. Who could help her now? There was no refuge. Sadness hung over her.

Frida has always been given as the oldest for everyone. Although she was only 18, she appeared to be older than she was. Deep down, she felt like a helpless teenager, married and alone in the world.

"What I have left is you, after all. said Frida, in her pale pink silk nightgown, leaning back lightly on the head of the bed with an intermediate-level sheet of music, beginning to solder. Music was her huge refuge, she was his friend, she was his ally.
"Anni, why do not you get some sleep?" I do not want you to wake up with headaches and dark circles as you always do when you sleep absurdly late solding or listening to countless jazzy vinyls, or even dancing during the night, pregnant! Good grief, Frida. Ragnar said, taking off his round glasses and putting them brutally on the bedside table.
- That's what completes me, I believe that music is my friend from the beginning. You can go to sleep, dear. I'm in the mood to study everything that music can show me, after all. And what's the problem with dancing, pregnant? said Frida, arching her eyebrows, with her notebook under her arm, her hands on her waist? "Hans will be created by hearing quality things.
"Okay, I do not have the patience to listen to your crazy metaphors, good night Frid. he said, turning to the more comfortable side of the bed, turning off the delicate lamp.

Frida closed the door with a shrug. Who cares? Finally, she would have her moment alone, without being a housewife or simply a young married woman. She would be, the young Anni-Frid, who lived with her grandmother and hummed and danced without stopping inside her room, that yes was its true version.
- Hans, stay quiet. Maybe Mom made a lot of noise tonight. said Frida, putting her hand lightly on her belly as she felt a few small kicks in the midst of her joyful jumps.

The night was just her, the moon was smiling at her, so literally, that it made her feel at peace. Finally, in peace!
She did not know if it was the effect of caffeine, but that night, she was electric, solved until she reached perfection and knew the entire repertoire, put on her beloved jazz records and danced as if it were the last time. Be very careful not to bother Ragnar, of course!
"Oh God in heaven," she said, sighing as she sat in the living room armchair, with chamomile tea in her hands and a magazine from days gone by.

- Agnetha Fältskog, Benny Andersson, Björn Ulvaeus ... "she said, looking intently at the page of the magazine in which she pictured strange figures for her, but which interested her very much, were singers and composers. They could really be my friends, after all. She thought, far away.

The clock was already exactly 4:00 AM. His period of electricity was already exhausted. He combed his golden hair for the last time, staring at himself in the mirror.
"Oh Frid, how long it took you to appear." she said to herself, impressed at last, she is the very purest Anni Frid Lyngstad she knew. No fear and no potatoes on the tongue.
Walking step by step down the wide corridor, he rushed in, listening to Ragnar's symphonic orchestra of snores in his sleep, and lay down slightly. Staring at the ceiling, she closed her eyes, and imagined her alternate reality. Could hardly wait to have someone truly beyond his ally, the music. Whatever comes next, she was sure, anything she could get over and deal with.

• This is a new version of my fanfic. I contacted the whole Frida story without having different years or things like that. Hope you like it! Any feedback or doubts, you know: @tropical_frida