Chapter 13 - Friday Night (Australia's tour) Part Final

March 7, 1977

The race for the extraordinary came stealthily, with lights and a crowd of people that was never expected at the Stadium. Sounds in perfect condition, tuned instruments and perfectly rehearsed with all the arrangements that Benny and Bjorn have suggested for the band, in order to get everything to perfection and excellence, as always. As nothing could be perfect, a heavy rain showered the city that night, causing some concern in Benny, but the show would continue, because, as disappointing such a wide audience, whether children or adults. The predominant phrase was just: WE WANT ABBA, WE WANT ABBA.

Frida was bracing herself quickly with her hands sweating cold and one knee aching from a big fall she had taken in one of the dress rehearsals, which made her a bit downcast because they had published in one of the most famous newspapers, from Australia, but she didn't let herself down, after all... She was a human being. 

His eyeliner passed his eyes, the light in the dressing room mirror making his features brighter and brighter. And finally, her eyes widened in a funny way as she passed her eyelash mask and finished with an almost wine-like lipstick, but something more subtle, straightening her hair that was redder than ever before, as if it glowed inside with the adrenaline going through every corner of your soul and your veins. Her strong scent, mixed with cigarettes, always so characteristic, spread throughout the dressing room. He slipped on his high boots, ran a hand lightly over his knee, grimacing, it hurt. But she didn't care, the Dancing Queen was ready.

Agnetha hesitated a little as she fixed her bangs with her long nails, painted with an almost imperceptible nail polish. Sparkling. She applied a stronger make-up to her eyes as she lightly rubbed a little blush on her striking cheeks and a little eyelash mask. Her hands shook, she took a deep breath as she closed her eyes over a large glass of water, letting it run down her esophagus. She would have to deal with big monsters tonight, crowds ... And an ex. Almost ex.

- She spends four pounds of makeup ... - Bjorn said in a mocking and unobtrusive, impatient tone outside the dressing room to one of the event organizers, who were desperate for the girls to show up soon after all ran and ran. And the nervousness extended. "Agnetha, come on ..." he said insistently once again, knocking on the door and looking through the open crack of the dressing room, restless, putting his hands in his pocket and with some discomfort or ... jealousy?

She rolled her eyes and literally just mumbled one: Okay. Taking a deep breath and not caring about the comment, after all, who was he to say such things to her? There was nothing else. Frida's advice, she thought. They work.

Big Joe and Big Richard accompanied Agnetha out of the dressing room, as a precaution ... After all, she was perfectly beautiful and with the sharp curves in her costume, she smiled, confident.

"Are you ready to rock tonight? And maybe break a foot by dancing in the slippery space, and maybe ... Get electrified by a likely power outage on stage in front of thousands of people?" said Frida, shaking hands with Agnetha on the corner of the stage, where people screamed, kicked and their souls thrilled, just wanted to see the large group of their lives, it made Frida shiver and her heart almost miss the beat. 

Agnetha, her throat felt dry and her legs trembled, but she said hesitantly, there they were. The two Scandinavian women. The highlights of the night. They were them.The announcer of the presentation said loud and clear: Get up and dance, it's time for the biggest hit. 

Benny came in first, the audience roared. He sat happily on his electronic piano and began the first chords of Dancing Queen, the band gradually following. He was hopping on the bench, feeling electric in front of his instrument. Bjorn was next, with his electric guitar that made the sound more alive and gave the great call and complement to the song.

The two beautiful singers rushed to finally get ready, and once again do their best for the beloved audience who both loved them and were waiting for their presence. Respectively. 

Frida came in with a great leap that almost caused her to fall again, but she felt confident, was what she knew to the letter. He looked at Benny who was giving her a look, affirming and she smiled. The traditional swing of hips and sincere smiles were one of his great strengths. Agnetha stumbled in, but finally surrendered to the sway of the song. She waved and squandered so spontaneously that it was almost imperceptible that all that had happened, and was passing.

The band, due to technical problems due to the huge power outage, all instruments and the band were interrupted. But that didn't mean the show shouldn't go on, right? The audience continued to sing to the sound of heavy rain, and clapping accompanied the beat of the song.

YOU'RE THE DANCING QUEEN, YOUNG AND SWEET, ONLY SEVENTEEN

Unexpectedly, several fireworks began to be launched, with countless colors illuminating the sky. Everyone applauded, the end of the show surprisingly, with the energy coming back and the thanks of the Swedish group. Clapping, screaming, people crying and thrilling. 

You could tell from reports on Australian television that, respectively, the ABBA show was the best they have ever been.

- They are amazing, they are real artists. Benny is cute, too bad he is already married to that tall lady with fire hair. Maybe do it, do it live, don't you? This is a real show. - said Agnes, a 65-year-old German tourist.

- She's beautiful ... too beautiful! I wanted her to take me home and give me cereal in the bowl! In fact, I wanted her to be my mother. said little Frankie, 8, about Agnetha, while laughing and blushing with embarrassment, wearing his retro ABBA t-shirt.

***

- I really can't believe we did a show under a storm, a quality show ... Do you realize how professional we are? Frida said closing her seat belts from the first-class seat on the comfortable Australian plane while sipping a coffee cup, with a rather peculiar taste, pouting to look "chic", winking at Benny.- A comment about you in the Australian magazine: The tall girl with fire hair sincerely is extremely sensual. I've never seen a woman like this in my life, it would be a dream if she could dance like that in front of me. - Benny said looking from the corner, and laughing. Showing the rather explicit story about Frida."Let's believe it was you who sent this comment to the magazine ... Ah, Benny, I'd like to dance like that in front of you too." she said, patting his forearm, smiling mischievously at Benny. As she turned back to her comfortable window seat, clasping her long hands in Benny's chubby fingers, looking out the window, little Sweden appearing in the clouds. It was the beginning of a new era, but would there be more adventures and changes ahead?Frida was thinking, her thoughts literally in the clouds as she looked into Agnetha's tired and somewhat sad gaze. When could this pass anyway?