th3 _v1sit.flv

March - 26 weeks

"Come on, get up, sleepy." Darlene urged me out of bed.

"I don't wanna." I covered my face with my pillow.

"Come on or we'll be late." She pulled the covers off of me.

I lifted my head confused.

"Late for what?"

"It's a surprise." I hate surprises.

She kept nagging me so I finally got up. I got dressed and tried putting on my hoodie, my belly has gotten so big I'm having trouble zipping it up but after some trial and error and a fit of giggles from Darlene, I finally managed.

"I think it's the last time you'll wear it for a while."

"Quit it will you? Let's see you trying to fit into one of your shirts in my situation."

"Alright, I'm sorry. Now come on we have to get going."

"Where on earth are you taking me at 6 in the morning?"

"You'll see"

"Wait, I'm not going out there like this, everyone will see me."

"Relax it's exactly why we're doing this now and not in the middle of the day, besides, we're taking a cab I wouldn't make you walk that long."

I finally agreed, the car was already waiting for us outside. Darlene opened the door and waited for me to get in, the added weight made it a bit difficult but I finally sat down and Darlene sat next to me. The atmosphere in the car was a bit awkward, I felt uneasy. The cab driver kept eyeing me in his rearview mirror, I just kept my head down trying to avoid his gaze.

After some time in the cab, we got to the hospital.

"What are we doing here?"

"You have an appointment."

"Me?" What is going on?

"Hurry we have to go through the back door."

We entered and right away were greeted but a young female doctor.

"Hi, you must be Elliot. I'm doctor Jones but you can call me Layla."

She held out her hand, I shook it unsure.

"Come right in and we'll get started."

"I'm sorry but... I wasn't informed of what this is."

"It's a prenatal visit, to make sure everything is okay with you and your baby. Your sister has informed me of your situation and how you feel about being out in public so I've made sure no one will interrupt us."

I shot Darlene a death glare, what does she think she's doing? I didn't consent to this, she didn't even mention it once. I guess that's why it's a surprise.

"Have a seat. Today I'm going to take your measurements, weight you and take your blood pressure after that I will check the baby and we'll do an ultrasound. If I could ask you to sit on the exam table please."

I got up and scooted up on the exam table waiting for what's next.

"Okay, Mr. Alderson how tall are you?"

"5 feet 9 inches"

"Good, may I ask what was your starting weight?"

"About 154 pounds."

"Take your hoodie off and lift up your shirt please."

I slowly undid my hoodie, I felt self-conscious about my body in front of this woman. She took a measuring tape and measured my stomach lengthwise and then widthwise.