t e n || moving day

Three years ago
March 25th, 2015
Wednesday afternoon
1.09 P.M.
Malik Flat

Liam placed the last box into the car and closed the trunk, brushing the imaginary dust from his hands. He sighed heavily and looked over at the building, frowning a little when he thought about not visiting the place anymore. He looked at the front door when the familiar dark haired beauty walked down the steps with two bags, closing the door behind him and heading down to towards him and the car. The brunet scanned his appearance; he was wearing one of Liam's oversized Batman shirt and a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, his dark hair was tied into a topknot.

He placed the bags into the backseat of the car and closed the door, turning around to face him. "This is it." He said with a warm smile on his lips, fiddling with his fingers.

"Yeah," Liam chuckled with a hum, "it is." He sighed sadly. He didn't want him to leave. The past few months he tried so hard to convince him to stay, but the latter wouldn't change his mind. He did have moments where he possibly thought about it, but other than that, Liam was not able to change anything. He learned to accept it soon enough, still sad that he was leaving him behind in London.

Zayn graduated earlier due to his outstanding work at university, everyone being amazed by the way he was picking up on things fast. His focusing was on point and Columbia University was dying to have the latter as their new professor already. So they went ahead and made a deal with the University Zayn attended and agreed to let him graduate earlier so he could start teaching after spring break. Of course the Bradford man was surprised and immediately accepted the opportunity without any sign of hesitation. Not thinking twice about how painful the goodbye with Liam was going to be.

"I'm gonna miss you Li." Zayn sniffled before pulling him into a tight hug, burying his face into his neck. He felt Liam's arms wrap around him, his grip just as tight as his own. They held each other for a long while, not finding the strength to part. They inhaled their musks, taking in the scents that they each loved about each other and just stood there in the middle of the pavement, embracing one another.

"I'm gonna miss you too Z." Liam murmured, nuzzling his nose into Zayn's hair. He closed his eyes, not ready to let him go yet. It was painful, to be completely honest. Knowing his best friend was gonna live on another continent, miles and miles away from him. How was he going to be able to visit him? With his job at the fire department, he barely even had time for himself nor his relationship with Sophia. He couldn't possibly keep up with Zayn living so far away from him.

The dark haired latter smiled through his tears as he looked up at his best friend, his arms still wrapped around his waist. He glanced at the brunet's lips, wanting to kiss him so badly one last time, yet he couldn't. And he wasn't going to do it. No matter how badly he wanted to, he didn't do it. So instead, he pulled away from their embrace, giving him one lasting kiss on the cheek while muttering a soft goodbye and walked to the driver's side of his car. He turned and glanced at Liam, noticing the sad look in the younger lad's eyes and he bit his lip.

Zayn quickly let go of the car door and rushed back to his best friend, hugging him tightly one last time as he jumped back into his arms. Liam immediately swung his arms around him again and pulled him closer until they held each other in a bone crushing embrace, not ready to let go again.

"I love you Li." Zayn whispered into his ear as more tears fell from his cheeks, meaning all three words.

"I love you too Z." Liam kissed Zayn's cheek and sniffled, squeezing him once more before they finally pulled away again. He gently cupped the Bradford's beauty's face and wipes the tears away with his thumbs, giving him a reassuring smile.