e l e v e n || caught

Present day
November 17th, 2018
Thursday morning
8.00 A.M.
Malik/Bateman Loft

Zayn woke up to a pair of soft lips kissing his neck and a scruffy beard scratching at his skin. He released a tired hum, shifting in his bed and turning his body around. His eyes fluttered open and he was met by his boyfriend, a smile spreading across his lips.

"Good Morning beautiful." Nick greeted the sleeping latter, running his fingers through the tousled curls. The only response he received from Zayn was another hum, the twenty-five year old cuddling into the older male's side before trying to fall back into a deep slumber.

"Oh no you don't." The brunet protested and gently pushed his lover away from him, earning a child-like whine from Zayn.

"Baby," he pouted, looking up at him with his Bambi eyes.

"No." Nick shook his head with a chuckle. "We have to get ready for work. Now come on."

"My lectures don't start until like noon. Just stay in bed with me." Zayn huffed, watching the tall man climb out of bed. He pushed himself up, resting his head on his hand and checked out his lover's muscular back, biting his bottom lip at the sight. He grinned to himself.

Nick and Zayn have been dating for almost two years. After their first meeting when he moved in, the dark haired latter had an instant crush on his co-worker and neighbor. During their Christmas party in 2016, Zayn and Nick shared a drink night together which led to where they are now. They had confessed their feelings for each other and decided to try it out – of course, leaving their relationship and work separate. And they've been going strong ever since. They moved in together about a few months ago in the summer, deciding to take things to a brand new level in their relationship.

Since it had been over three years that he moved to New York, he tried his best to keep in contact with his friends. Especially Liam. The two best friends have been texting and FaceTiming none stop, trying to keep up with the time differences and everything else. It was hard, but they made it happen. There wasn't a moment that went by where Zayn didn't miss his favorite teddy bear. He just wished there was a way they could hang out again like they used to. Sure, they visit each other on holidays and spend a few days together, yet it never seemed like it was enough for the both of them.

Zayn has introduced Nick and Liam after they visited London for spring break last year. Liam was very overprotective of Zayn and asked Nick a bunch of questions but they ended up getting along just fine. Yet it was still embarrassing to him that Liam was too protective.

"Well I have to go to work, so I'm gonna get ready." The brunet chuckled and leaned down, pecking his lips. Zayn watched as his boyfriend walked into the bathroom, his teeth sinking into his bottom lip.

He grinned and reached for his phone, checking the time and messages he received over night. He hummed, leaning back into the bed and going on his and Liam's chat, texting him.

me: hey Li! I hope you and the others are still planning on visiting us for thanksgiving! I can't wait to see your face again☺️ love you mate xoxo
Delivered

Zayn released a satisfied hum, turning his phone off. His eyes moved up to the ceiling as a soft smile crept on his lips. It's been a long time since he last saw his best friend and he couldn't wait to see him again tomorrow.

Meanwhile...
Thursday afternoon
1.00 P.M.
Payne/Smith Flat
London, England

Liam stepped into his flat, dropping his bag on the floor and taking off his coat. He placed it on his coat racket, kicking his shoes off before heading directly to the kitchen. He grabbed himself something to drink, leaning against the counter to release a breather after the morning shift.