s i x t e e n || drunk moments

Six months later
May 16th, 2019
Thursday afternoon
2.09 P.M.
Irish Pub
London, England

It's been six months since the last time they had talked. Six months in which Liam drowned himself in self pity, sorrow and alcohol. He couldn't believe he ruined yet another relationship of his. Zayn meant everything to him and now? He was gone. They hadn't had any kind of contact within these months. Liam only heard some updates from the lads who informed him that Zayn was busy with work and the wedding. If Liam was honest, these weren't the best six months he has had in his life. Especially since he missed his best friend dearly. He had found ways to distract himself, but he wasn't happy about it. Most of it was him sleeping with multiple women and, hell, even men. But the only person that was stuck on his mind was still Zayn.

The brunet was sitting by the bar, staring at his half empty glass of beer. He watched as the water of the cold drink trickled down the glass, his lips formed in a pout. He picked the glass up and took another large gulp of the alcohol, already feeling intoxicated by the amount he had drank in the afternoon. Luckily, he had the day off work today.

"Mate, I think you had enough for today." The bartender told him, watching him drink the last bit of the beer he had left.

"No." Liam slurred and shook his head. "I need–" he cut himself off as a burp suddenly escaped him, a light laugh leaving him. "I need another." He claimed and held up one finger.

The man shook his head. "Sorry mate. I'm gonna call a taxi for you." He said and walked away to head to the phone. Liam scowled.

"I don't need no taxi." He mumbled drunkly to himself and shakily got up from the chair. "I can easily drive back home myself." He added with a hiccup following after. The brunet stumbled towards the coat racket and grabbed his jacket, struggling to get it on but surprisingly managed it anyways. Just before he was ready to leave, the sound of the bell rang through the bar, making Liam's head perk up to see which customer had come in.

His breath hitched in the back of his throat. It was Zayn. Standing right in front of him was Zayn. And he looked better than ever. Considering his mind was spinning due to the alcohol, he was still able to only focus on him. His long hair was tied into a messy bun. His beard had grown out to be a lot more scruffier than it was back during thanksgiving. He still looked flawless as ever, wearing a familiar red sweater which fitted his body perfectly. Liam even noticed that Zayn had gained a healthy amount of weight too. He was gorgeous.

Their eyes met in a matter of seconds.

"Zaynie!" Liam slurred happily, stumbling towards his, now, ex best friend. "You're- you're back!" He exclaimed and giggled to himself. He basically dropped himself on the slight shorter bloke, causing Zayn to almost lose his balance.

"Yeah, I'm- I'm back..." The dark haired latter trailed, his nose scrunching at the smell of alcohol coming from the brunet. "Jesus, how much did you drink?" He asked, trying to balance the drunk male. But since he was a lot heavier, it wasn't easy.

"About three or six glasses." Liam said and held up four fingers, chuckling afterwards.

Zayn sighed at that. "Please don't tell me you turned into an alcoholic." He mumbled to himself, looking around the place. He was actually going to meet up with the owner of the pub to make plans for his bachelor party, but he couldn't just leave him like this.

"Come on." He said after a few minutes before helping Liam out of the bar. While Liam babbled on and on about something, Zayn dragged the drunk lad towards his car. He helped him in after unlocking it and buckled him up in the backseat. Once he made sure that Liam was secure, he got into the front and drove him towards the brunet's place, still remembering where he lived.