Chapter 3

Natsu's POV
~~~~~~
I was starting to feel bad for Luce. I didn't like the way my fang marks looked. They looked like they were bruising. I needed to wake her up.

Natsu: Hey Luce, wake up
Lucy: W-What? What's going on?
Natsu: I'm worried about the way the fang marks look on your neck, they're sorta bruising.
Lucy: Oh. Wait what?
Natsu, biting his wrist and putting it to her mouth: Here, drink my blood. My blood will heal you.
Lucy, muffled: Okay

It was starting to fade. There was no more bruising or fang marks. I noticed how close I was with Lucy. I felt my heart racing and I felt a little hot. She noticed as well and started getting red. I put my forehead against her's and closed my eyes.

Natsu: Thank you for coming into my life
Lucy: No, thank you for taking me. I never would've met you. Y-You make me feel things I've never felt before, s-so thank you!

I wanted to kiss her. I truly felt so comfortable and safe with her. She could be my soulmate. My dad started noticing that I was spending a lot of time with Lucy. I couldn't tell if he was mad or happy.

A few days later
~~~~~~
Igneel: You're spending far too much time with that mortal! You need to focus on your studies! You'll be the next king!
Natsu: I KNOW! But I can't! Whenever I'm with her, I feel so safe and happy. I-I-I
Igneel: You what, son?
Natsu: I love her, okay?! I LOVE HER AND I CAN'T SEE MYSELF WITHOUT HER
Igneel: Then you must tell her this.
Natsu: O-Okay.
Igneel, to himself: And to think that my boy would find love this early.. I leave Natsu in your hands, mortal.

No one's POV
~~~~~~
Natsu ran to Lucy's room, thinking about what to tell her. She was probably sleeping by now since it was late at night. He opened Lucy's door and saw her sitting on her bed, looking out the window. She looked at him and smiled. Natsu walked towards and was panting. She was confused and said "What's wrong?" At that moment, he reached her bed and kissed her. She hesitated but kissed him back. He pulled away, noticing she was blushing as red as Ezra's hair. But there was a problem: according to vampire law, a vampire cannot be with a mortal. Natsu knew this, but he didn't care. When he became king, he would make it so that vampires CAN be with mortals. But he wasn't king and the law still applied to him. So what can he do? Run away with her? Get married with her and have a legitimate heir? Running away with her would put both of them in danger. He needed to ask his father for advice.
Natsu knocked on his father's door.
"Come in, Natsu," his father said.
"Father, I need your advice. I know that it is forbidden for a vampire to be with a mortal but I love Lucy. What can I do?!" he cried.
"You'll probably have to turn her so that there wouldn't be a problem.. you'll have to talk to her about this, son," his father advised.

Natsu nodded and went to Lucy's room. He kissed her cheek and explained to her what would need to happen if they wanted to be together.

"So you'll have to turn me?" Lucy asked.
"Yea, it's okay if you don't want to get turned. We can find another way," he nervously said.
"N-No, I wouldn't mind being turned. You can turn me now," she said nervously.
"Are you sure? There's no going back from this," he warned.

Lucy nodded. Natsu bit his wrist and fed her his blood. After Lucy finished, Natsu told her that she'd have to die for it to start turning her. She looked a little frightened but she agreed. Natsu snapped her neck quickly and laid her down on her bed. He kissed her forehead and left the room.