Chapter 8

Lucy's POV

It took me a while to find a pregnancy test for someone like me. I bought it and I went back home with so many thoughts running through my mind. Would Natsu want it? How can we take care of it? What if we weren't ready? Maybe I was overthinking all this. Or maybe I wasn't. I don't know what is and what isn't anymore. I continued to walk home and after 15 minutes of walking, I was finally back home. I opened the door, making eye contact with Natsu. We made eye contact for .2 seconds before I ran into the bathroom. His face a confused expression, it almost looked like he was worried. I locked the bathroom and opened the box with the test. I sat on the toilet and peed on the test. The box said the results would appear within 2 minutes. I stared at the ground with my heart pounding.
2 minutes had passed and I was too afraid to look at the test. I was afraid of the result. If it was positive, I would've been happy and scared at the same time. If it was negative, I would've been devastated and afraid to tell Natsu. What if he would've reacted badly? What if he would've resented me? What would I then?

"Luce, you okay in there?" Natsu knocked.
"U-uhm yea I'm okay, just give me a minute," I stuttered.
"Okay," he said.

I somehow got the courage to look at the test. And there it was, the result that would either make or break my future.

Natsu's POV

Lucy walked out of the bathroom with tears in her eyes. I was confused as to what happened and I'm pretty sure she noticed. She handed me the test and I looked at it. My eyes instantly filled with tears. Those 2 lines meant she was pregnant. I looked at her, smiling, and I hugged her tightly. She hugged me back and started crying. She was shaking too. I could tell she was scared, so I kissed her forehead and hugged her tighter.

"It's okay, Luce. I know you're afraid, but I'm here with you so you don't need to be afraid," I reassured her.
"I-I know but how are we gonna pay all the bills, Natsu?" She asked.
"By getting jobs, I guess. All this is pretty new to me so we'll figure all this stuff out. Maybe you should find a job that won't strain you, like waitressing or a receptionist," I suggested.
"Oh, okay. That sounds fine. How about you? What job are you gonna go into?" She asked.
"Hmm, maybe I'll work with you. To make sure nothing happens to you," I kissed her forehead.

She stayed quiet and buried her head into my chest. I picked her up and took her to the bed, where I laid her and I down and pulled the covers over us. It seems our crying session exhausted her since she was knocked out when she felt our bodies touching.
I will do my best to protect her and our child. I will try my hardest to protect them from harm's way. They were my family now, so I will do whatever I have to do. I will not lose either of them. The love I have for both of them is incredible, considering the fact that I met Lucy a few weeks ago but we were so close. And the child? I already loved him/her so much.