Chapter 12

A few hours later
Lucy's POV

The carriage stopped moving and I woke up to the sound of horses neighing. I shook Natsu lightly to wake him up and his eyes slowly opened.

Natsu: Are we here already?
Lucy: I think so. Can you carry one of them?
Natsu: Of course.

Natsu stood up and picked Nashi up. I got up after and picked Luke up. They were both asleep.

Igneel: I see you're awake. How was the trip?
Lucy: Pretty good, actually. The four of us knocked out.
Igneel: Glad to hear it. Let me help you down from the carriage. So what are the children's names?
Lucy, holding his hand so she can get off the carriage: Nashi and Luke.
Igneel: Those names are pretty cute.

All of a sudden, a wave of hunger hit me. My eyes glowed and Natsu looked at me. He took Luke for me and held him, as well as Nashi. I vampiricly ran to the kitchen where I knew there were maids. I picked a maid and led her to a secluded area where I could feed. I licked her neck, unsheathing my fangs and sinking my fangs into her neck, tearing through her skin. She groaned and her screams were muffled as I put my hand over her mouth. I ripped my fangs out of her skin and cleaned any excess of blood off her neck. She wasn't dead, which is a good thing. I let her go and ran back to Natsu.

Natsu's POV

Lucy ran back to me and I could smell the blood on her breath. She licked her lips and grabbed Luke from me. She looked at me and smiled softly. I took it upon myself to kiss her quickly.

Lucy: So, Igneel, what are we gonna do now?
Igneel: Well, you guys will get settled in once again and we'll talk later.
Natsu: About what?
Igneel: You becoming the next king, of course.
Lucy: That means I'll be a queen and Nashi and Luke would become a prince and a princess?
Igneel: Yes. We'll be under maximum protection since I've heard that you guys were targeted.
Natsu: Hmm. Okay, we'll talk later.
Lucy: See you later!
Igneel: Bye.

I led Lucy to my room, which remained the same after we left. Although, it's not dusty or anything. I called a maid over to us and asked if she can bring us two cribs. She happily agreed and came back 20 minutes. After she came, she started getting closer to me and flirting. I'm sure she was new because no other maid would do this. I could feel Lucy's intense energy behind me. She locked her eyes on the maid and hissed at her in a demonic way, which scared the maid away.
We put the cribs near our bed and we laid Luke and Nashi in the cribs. They were sound asleep for a while, although we knew they'd wake up soon for milk and a diaper change. We laid in our bed and took a nap after a tiring day.