Chapter 9

No one's POV
The next day

Lucy had woken up before Natsu, so she sat on the bed, looking out of the window. She was lost heavily in thought. As thoughts like "What if I lose the baby(ies)?" ran through her mind, she started crying. She couldn't imagine the kind of devastation that would go with something like that. She was shaking and she tried to take deep breaths.
Natsu heard her crying and touched her arm, to which she flinched. She looked at him, with her red and puffy eyes. She tried to get off the bed but she couldn't manage to escape from his grip. He pulled her back into bed and hugged her. She fought him so he could let go but he didn't, he held onto her until she calmed down. Eventually she stopped fighting and stopped squirming. Natsu kissed her forehead and continued to hug her.

"What's going on, Luce? Why've you been crying?" He asked, concerned.
"I've um just had thoughts like "what if I lose the baby" and things like that.." she said quietly.
"Don't think like that, please. Think of happy things. You're not gonna lose him/her, okay?" he reassured her.
"...." she stayed quiet.

Lucy had a reason to be afraid. She was only 18, with no experience of motherhood. But she knew that with Natsu, she wouldn't need to be afraid. He'd help out, she knew he would.

Lucy looked at him and kissed him, then she buried her face in his chest. He kissed her forehead and hugged her. They both eventually fell asleep.

———
Sorry for a short update! Next one will be longer!
-Author