I thought I could...

Once I'm at the cliff, I set my bag down, pull out a sharp knife, and wait. An hour passes and still no sign of Sting-sama. Another hour passes by and the bell tolls midnight.

Cinderella. It's an old favorite of mine. Sorano used to read me the story when Mom or Dad couldn't. She really is the best sister I could ask for.

He's not coming. Sting-sama's not coming. I was hoping I'd get the chance to say goodbye in person, but I guess he really doesn't care.

"Yukino!"

I look up at the mention of my name to see Sting-sama and Rogue-sama running towards me.

"Yukino don't die!" Calls Rogue-sama.

I turn towards them and smile, "You came."

"Of course we came, we weren't going to just let you die." Says Sting-sama almost angrily.

"How could you keep this from us?" Scolds Rogue-sama, "I get it if you at least told me, but you didn't."

I look down, "Technically, I did."

"I thought someone you cared about died, no you were going to die."

I shake my head. They don't get it, they honestly don't get it. I explained everything in the note, but I guess Rogue didn't read it.

I look up at Sting-sama who's looking at me with disapproval.

"Please don't give me that look," I say softly.

"And why the hell not, you're thinking of killing yourself."

"Actually, I just wanted to say goodbye. I never intended on changing my mind. Sorry."

I grip the knife tighter and raise it to my chest.

"Put the knife down." Growls a Sting-sama.

"Yukino please," Pleads Lector-sama.

"Don't do it." Says Rogue.

Their voices overlap creating I mix of pleads and protest, but I don't listen to any of them. None of them matter.

"Yukino," Says a small voice.

I look down to see Frosh standing in front of me.

"You're not really gonna die... are you?" Asks the little frog.

I nod, "I'm so sorry Frosh, but I..."

Tears start to form in it's eyes, "Please don't... I don't want you to die."

Without warning, I plunge the knife into my chest earning gasps of surprise from everyone. I stumble to the edge of the cliff tears in my eyes.

"Yukino stop!" Says a voice, but I can barely hear it.

"I'm so sorry." I say as I fall off the edge.

"YU...NO!"

I'm sorry Sting-sama. I wish things didn't have to be this way.

Conscious, slowly fading. Air escaping. Vision blurring. All signs that I'm dying. Don't get me wrong, I want to be with him, but I just couldn't. He's the exact opposite of me. He's cool, good looking, popular, and most importantly he has friends that genuinely care about him.

I'm sure I'm gonna die, but then I feel arms wrap around me. I open my eyes to see Sting-sama holding onto me.

"W-what... S-s-sting-s-sama? What are ...you doing? You should have... let me die and... forget... about me. Now you're going-"

"You think I'm just going to let you die? Remember what I said, it's not how life works! You can't just tell someone to forget about you, you can't forget about someone with a blink of an eye. The only way to forget, is if you truly don't care about them. And we'll, I care about you Yukino, more than you'll ever know."