{ 10 } Realizations and Reminders

{ Silver's POV }

I arrived at the hospital, cutting the engine of my motorcycle and walking in. I walked up to the counter and the nurse directed me to the room where Edward and Alice were talking in low voices. "Can you guys please stop stinking up the doorway?"

I hissed under my breath as I pushed through them. I walked into the room and saw Bella and Charlie talking.

I stopped dead in my tracks. "No. No." I said and suddenly I realized that Edward and Alice had locked me in.

"Let. Me. Out." I said, growling between words. "No. I want you to talk." Bella said and my breathing became steadily heavier. I pushed speed dial on Embry's number. "I'm locked in a room at the hospital with Charlie and Bella. Get me out of here."

I growled under my breath and he growled. "On my way." And I heard the phone click off. My chest was heaving as I tried to control my wolf which wanted to come out, badly.

I closed my eyes and forced myself to think about Embry. All the memories flowed through me, anchoring my human and forcing the wolf back.

"You threw me out onto the street. Why do you keep meeting me? I thought you hated me." I snapped as I tried to continue thinking of Embry, but my memories were fading fast.

"I don't hate you. You just remind me of what I lost." And I looked at him.

"Lost?... Is my mother dead?"

I whispered, my eyes filled with silvery tears. "Yes. She's gone."

And Embry and Paul walked into the room just before I would've phased.

Embry, sensing trouble, nodded and they got me out of the hospital just before I phased and howled, throwing my head back to the moon.

My fangs bared as I raced off into the wilderness, my silver fur the last thing to disappear. I heard Embry following me. "Go home." I said and he shook his head. "Come home. You're one of us." He said and I looked at him and nodded slowly. "Alright."

I said and we raced back to Emily's and curled up on the couch, asleep on the couch, immediately falling asleep.

I woke up to wolf whistles and I groaned as I realized what it must look like. "Guys look who did it!" Jared called and I kicked him in the face. "I'll have you know that she phased and ripped all her clothes apart." Embry said and Paul laughed.

"A likely excuse, just so you two won't admit you just gave up your v cards." And I rolled my eyes and punched him in the face.

"There's a simple way to check is there not?" I asked and leaped out, phasing as I stood on the ground.

Embry landed beside me and Sam did the same.

Sam shook his head in a very clear no and I smirked at Paul as I phased back. He stuck out his tongue.

I looked up to see Jacob standing there, his face ashen gray.

I looked and realized that Embry had just phased back. "Jake this isn't what it..." And he ran.

"Looks like." I finished lamely as Sam ran after the angry Quilete. "I need food." Jared said and the rest of us walked into the house after him.

I sat next to Embry and he wrapped his arms around me, and I ate some muffins, swallowing one after another without fail. I looked up and growled.

I raced out and pulled off my jacket and stripped, leaping out of my human form and landing on four paws. "Cullens at your 10!" Sam said and I spun around, snarling.

"We're not here to hurt anyone." Jasper said and I snarled and Embry appeared next to me, crouching low, prowling around, ready to attack.

Jasper stared at me and suddenly he turned to Embry and I felt like the shield that had stopped Jasper from prodding my emotions around, and Edward from seeing into my mind and thoughts, rippled out towards Embry and suddenly Embry was snarling again.

"That's impossible. I've never failed..." And Jasper looked at me, his golden eyes glittering with fury. "You."

He said and charged. Suddenly Embry came out of nowhere and so did Paul, sinking their fangs into Jasper, wrestling him into the ground.

"Enough!" I yelled, back in human form. Embry looked up and Jasper threw him off and he twisted and landed on his paws, and I heard a crunch.

Embry howled with pain and I looked at Emmett who had broken his paw with a single chop.

"Embry." I said and the light gray wolf loped awkwardly over to me, his one paw in the air. "Go find Paul and Jared. Bring them back here." And he growled softly and looked at the two vampires, growling with rage.

"I'll be fine." I said and he nudged me and disappeared, racing off.

I growled and turned back to the two Cullens who had walked onto our territory and land, asking for help, and then violating the treaty that we signed a hundred years ago.

"What do you want?" I asked as Paul and Jared came up behind me as huge wolves. "Call them off." Emmett said and I looked at him. "No. You broke my best friend's leg and expect them to back off? No." I said and he hissed.

Jasper held his hand out to restrain his brother and I snorted as Paul rumbled a question. "He says why don't they just fight already?"

And I spun around to see Edward standing there with Rosalie. I growled sharply and snarled. "What is this?" Sam asked, walking forward to stand next to me, his eyes flaring up with anger. "Bella's birthday is in a couple weeks. What do you suggest we do?"

Edward asked and I flicked my eyes from him to Jasper, then to Emmett, and finally Rosalie.

"You come onto our territory, to ask what I would do for Bella's birthday while you're risking war?!" I yelled with fury in my voice. "Well..."

Jasper started but I cut him off.

"And how would I know? Charlie threw me onto the streets two years ago and I've been staying here ever since. So do yourself a favor and leave our territory now before all of us get seriously pissed." I said coldly.

Edward disappeared with Jasper and Rosalie spat at me before racing off with Emmett again. I sat down on the steps of the porch and I looked at where they had stood just moments before. "Where's Embry?" I asked quietly. "Fixing his arm up." Paul said and Embry drove into the driveway and growled. "I smell leech." He said.

"We all do." I said quietly and Embry cut the engine and sat next to me.

"What happened?" He asked and I didn't look at him. "They came to ask me about Bella's birthday." I said and he nodded in understanding. "They risked war with us to remind me."

I whispered. "You can go."

Embry said and I looked at him, my silver eyes full of pain and sorrow. "I don't want to. Not now. Maybe not ever." I said and leaned against him, and I felt his arms close around me again, my protective cage.