{ 5 } Parties

{ Silver's POV }

Because Sam wanted me to keep an eye on Bella, I had to go to the party on First Beach.

My only condition was that they would be waiting around in case my temper flared around the Cullens.

Embry walked out of the crowd and slid his arm around my shoulders.

"Hey." He said and I smiled slightly, the corners of my mouth going up only slightly. "You okay?"

He asked, looking at me.

"Tired. Sore. Missing the way it used to be. No enhanced senses, no hearing stuff that isn't supposed to be heard by anyone else." I said and he nodded.

"Are you sure you miss it all? You wouldn't be living with mom and I if you hadn't phased." Embry said and I looked at him. "You're my best friend Em. I'm not going anywhere." I said and he nodded in understanding.

"Thank the spirits, I'd miss you a lot." And suddenly I growled as Bella talked to Edward and Rosalie. Jasper and Alice stood in the corner of the Beach, camouflaged against the trees.

I shook my head and Jasper and Alice had disappeared, but Emmett stood in their place.

"Someone told them that I'm around. Edward has powers I know that. Jasper might I'm not sure."

"But Edward definitely does. I think he reads minds." I said and Edward was staring at me and I cocked my head to the side. "Difficulties reading minds bloodsucker?" I whispered, barely moving my jaw. "You bitch."

He hissed and I looked at him and Embry moved closer to me on instinct and Sam slid into his place at our head. Paul and Jared closed into their places around us and Edward hissed, his golden yellow eyes flashing with anger and suddenly he disappeared, leaving Bella confused and upset.

I had my fingers laced with Embry's and I felt him squeezing gently.

I sighed and looked around as we walked along the Beach, trying to get away from the huge party that was now sending firecrackers into the sky.

I sighed and sat against the rock to think. Embry sat next to me and I leaned against him, my eyes looking up at the sky.

"You ever wonder what it would be like if you knew your mom?" Embry asked and I looked at him. "Have you ever thought about it for your dad?"

I asked and he nodded. "Your dad turned away a great son. A guy any dad would be proud of." I said and he looked at me. "You're serious aren't you." He said and I looked at him, my eyes dead serious. "I would never joke around about something like this Em."

I said and he looked at me.

"Thanks Swan." He said and kissed my forehead. I smiled and pressed my cheek against his chest.

I looked up and smelled trouble.

"Cullens. Hunting." I said and that was all I needed to say. We raced into the woods, pulling off our clothes as we phased, running on four paws instead of two legs. I raced beside Embry as we met Jared who led us from there.

I passed him and snarled.

Emmett and Jasper Cullen were facing off with Sam and Paul who had Alice, the one who wasn't a fighter, trapped between them and her family.

Before I could stop myself, as Jasper lunged forward, I raced forward and he grabbed me and sunk his fangs into my spine. I howled with agony and Embry howled and leaped, throwing Jasper away from me.

I was whining as Embry nuzzled me and stood protectively, over me snarling at the Cullens.

Alice appeared next to Jasper and they ran, with Emmett following them. I phased back, sobbing with pain, my eyes burning with agony.

Embry picked me up along with Sam helping him, and I almost passed out from the pain of the simple move.

Embry held me securely but as gently as he could, as they made their way to the only person they could go to...

Carlisle Cullen.

{ Embry's POV }

I felt like it was my spine being crushed as I saw her lying there.

I was now unable to do anything, as she was being healed, by Carlisle Cullen.

The vampire who had nothing to fear from human blood, and was a doctor.

My hands were shaking as I looked at them, covered in the blood of my imprint.

I buried my face in my hands and felt a light hand on my shoulder.

I looked up to see Jared standing there and he looked upset. "Man I'm sorry. I don't know what it would be like for me if Kim was hurt..." And I swung hard and punched him in the face hard, sending him into the wall hard.

"You don't know what it's like." I said and he nodded in understanding and walked away. I walked right into Carlisle Cullen. I growled sharply.

"Easy. I'm coming to tell you she's awake and asking for you." Carlisle said but I was already moving past him. I opened the door and Silver smiled. "Hey Call. Guys I forgot to wait for the pack." She said and I smiled and sat next to her, my eyes looking over all her injuries.

"I'm alright Embry. It's okay."

She said and I looked at her and knew what I wanted to do, but I couldn't do it without her permission. I shook my head and kissed her forehead.

Silver smiled and I felt a spark.

"Did I mention that I can smell your chemosignals now Embry Call?" Silver said and I sighed in defeat.

"You forgot to mention it." I said and she smiled. "Because I know that you should learn it. I feel the same way. It's normal." Silver said and I nodded slightly. I kissed her and she smiled. "It's about time." And I looked up to see Sam, Jared, and Paul standing there, arms crossed over their chests.

"I hate you guys. Embry kick their asses for me will you?"

Silver groaned as I kicked Paul in the shin and punched Jared.

"Your wish is his command."

Paul mocked and Silver threw a glass at his head and he ducked under it.