{ 8 } Injured Imprints

{ Silver's POV }

"What happened? Where did they go?" I asked, standing up. I heard a howl. "Embry." And I ran out of the house, forgetting about the clothes as I phased, ripping the clothes apart.

I hared away as fast as I could and found Sam and Paul defending Embry who was barely able to stand.

I ran forward and slammed like a spear into the nearest bloodsucker and ripped him clean in half.

I felt like venom was seeping through me and I howled as I saw Embry fighting to pick off the vampires who were going for him. I stood next to him and he staggered and leaned heavily on my shoulder.

"You should've called me." I said. "It was too dangerous." Embry said. "And yet you're the one who's injured Embry Call." I said and he looked at me.

"You're too important for this." Sam said and I looked at him. "You're my pack! I'm supposed to fight with You! There's a reason you made me Beta!"

I snapped mentally at him.

He flinched. "It wasn't my choice. The wolf chose You, it wasn't me. Demoted. You are now the Omega. You are no longer to fight with us or to talk to any one of us." And I flinched, his voice cold and quiet. "Embry will have to make his way without you. Now get back to Emily's and stay there!"

Sam yelled and I looked at Embry who had turned away. I shook my head and ran away. I phased back into human and collapsed, sobbing.

Emily ran out and looked at me. "What is it?!" She cried and I looked at her. "Your fiance just kicked me out of the pack." I said and she looked at me.

"I'll talk to him." She said as Sam returned with the three boys, Paul, Jared and Embry. "Sam." Emily said and I ignored Embry as I pulled out a sketchbook and pencils as I began to sketch. "Go away Embry." I said before he even knocked on the door.

"Silver you can't be mad..."

He said and I looked at him and my sketchbook slammed into the ground as I shot up. "Can't I? You're taking my birthright away from me!" I roared.

"You're right. But it's for a good reason! To keep you safe!"

Embry snapped, moved to anger himself Now, he was the most angry I'd ever seen him.

"Stay away from me then. Just remember you're not only killing yourself, but you're also killing me."

I said and he slammed the door behind him. I buried my face in my hands and rocked back and forth, tears streaming down my cheeks.

For the last few weeks, I had said nothing, not spoken one word, just meditated and sketched on my notepad.

It was like I had turned catatonic.

I was like a shell of what I had been before. Embry never came around anymore, so no one could even try to get me to talk.

It was agony for me, but no one would know, except for Embry, who was on the other side of La Push, avoiding going to Sam's at all costs.

It was around midnight and I picked up my phone and saw Embry's smiling picture. I shook my head and declined it. I looked up as I heard a noise. I had the baseball bat Quil had given me months ago and I picked it up and forced the window open.

I growled and suddenly I swung and Embry caught it. "Gonna smash my skull open?" He asked and I flipped and kicked him in the chest and he fell backwards. I slammed the window shut and rolled the baseball bat back to where it was before.

"Come on Silver please!"

He said and I looked at him and flipped a single finger up at him.

"Silver it's killing me like it's killing you and I'm sorry! Just let me in!"

"You're right! I was an asshole and I'm so sorry!"

And I looked at him and opened the window and he climbed up and in the window. I saw he was shirtless like normal. He was sweating hard and I assumed that he just got off patrol.

I felt the pain clear for the first time in weeks. "Em?" I whispered, more mouthing the words then anything.

"Hey Silver." He said and I looked at him and slapped him across the face. He looked at me and his face was red. "You know how much agony you put me through?!" I roared and kicked him. He groaned and doubled over.

"You asshole! I was feeling every emotion you were! I was stuck in agony! I was basically catatonic!"

I yelled and he ducked the kick that came for his head. "All because of your stupid pride!" I roared and he flinched. "And because I wanted to..."

He said and I twisted his arm around his back. "Keep. Me. Safe." I spat and he yelled as his arm broke. "I didn't want you to end up like Bella!" And I stopped dead in my rage as he spoke.

"What?" I asked. "You haven't kept up with the times have You?" He asked and I shook my head slightly.

"Bella got kidnapped by a rogue tracker named James, he's a vampire."

And I looked at him and punched him and leaped out the window, phasing just before impact and landing on four paws. I hared off. "Wait!"

Embry called in my mind. "I'm sick of waiting Call. Stay out of my way."

I snapped and raced off faster. I found the scent of Bella and Edward and ran at my maximum speed, catching up and finding Carlisle standing there.

I growled and pushed through them and stopped in my tracks.

Edward was biting my sister!

I howled and charged, but Jasper and Carlisle held me back. "He's sucking the venom out." Carlisle said and I howled and struggled until Edward released her.

I ran to my sister and nuzzled her.

I looked around and realized, that I actually needed to be around my sister. I slowly, for the first time ever, phased in front of a vampire.

I knelt next to my sister. "Bella."

I whispered, looking at my sister, pain in my eyes. She stirred slightly.

"Silver?" She whispered.

"Yeah it's me." I whispered and she nodded. "I missed you."

She said quietly. "I missed you to. Now get some rest alright? You won't change today." I said and she nodded.

"Alright." She whispered and passed out again. I stood up, releasing her hand, wearing only a pair of shorts. "Is that James?" I asked, nodding at the guy with his throat ripped out.

"Yeah." Jasper said and I growled.

"I've got an imprint to kill for not telling me. Don't tell Bella or she'll kill me for keeping the secret and I'll flat you all alive. Or undead. Or whatever the hell the term is."

I said and looked at them, curled up next to their mates and Carlisle was the only one who met eyes with me. "Take care of my sister. All of you."

I said and he nodded.

"On our lives and yours."

He said and I nodded and phased, ripping the shorts as I leaped into wolf form. I tipped my head back and howled, racing off into the distance, back towards La Push, where my pack was waiting for me.