─ to the beautiful you

❝ no beauty shines brighter
than a good heart. ❞

looking at the mirror, the same question keeps recycling in your head. worrying on how people would judge you, believing every bad comment that was being thrown at you, comparing yourself with everyone around you, and suddenly everything becomes the sad, painful ─ "it's fine, i'm used to it."

okay.

so you're used to it, and you're going to let it be that way? to let yourself drown again, in the thoughts of how ugly, untalented, and unworthy you are? to let yourself suffer, because you believed that you are nothing compared to others, and that you hated yourself for being you?

my dear, loving sweetheart,, why?

why did you stop caring?

remember when you were 7, and you'd always want to wear those cute dresses at birthday parties? when you were 9, and you'd play at the park with dirt all over you, but that never stopped you from having fun? when you were 11, and you'd always want to go out with your friends to enjoy your moments together to the fullest?

❝ can you remember, who you
were before the world told
you who you should be? ❞

remember when things started to change, and you suddenly couldn't recognize yourself anymore? when you started to think about your appearance more than anything else whenever you lose yourself in the mirror? when you didn't really had fun out there because you were afraid of being judged if you ever started being yourself? when you often chose to stay at home instead of hanging out with your friends because you just didn't feel like going out to face the world?

you.

do you know that you're just so, so beautiful?

then let me tell you this ─ YOU are beautiful, in fact, you're way more than just plain beautiful. why? because you're YOU. the fact that you're not anyone else but yourself, surrounded with your own kind of imperfections which makes you different, that. THAT makes YOU beautiful.

those broken parts and little cracks of yourself? that's beautiful.

your courage to still stand strong until today even after going through so much pain. your love and care for all the people around you even when you are not feeling fine yourself. your kindness that shines beyond, that sincere heart of yours that always wanted everyone else to feel loved and of course, happiness.

and that, that is beautiful.

❝ to be beautiful is
to be yourself, ❞

beauty isn't always about how you look, because looks. aren't. everything. you're more than that, darling. sometimes just a simple act of kindness that can make someone else smile could make you thousand times more beautiful, you know?

stop telling yourself that you're hideous, because you know what? you're already beautiful just the way you are! even if you don't think so, i do, and i want you to believe in that too.

stop telling yourself that you're not good at anything ─ because you just need to believe in yourself my dear, and trust me when i say that you. can. do. it.

stop throwing all the hates on yourself, because you, i want you to know that you deserve to be loved. in the end, this is YOUR story we are talking about, and loving yourself would be an amazing step as the beginning of your journey ─ because you're worth it.

you don't need to wear loads of makeup to look beautiful. you don't need to take cool pictures or be trendy to be beautiful. you don't need to act like someone who you're not, just to be beautiful.

it's okay to be different, and most importantly, it's okay to be yourself. it's okay to be you.

❝ be your own kind
of beautiful, ❞

to the beautiful you, i love you.

remember to wear that
beautiful smile of yours,
my lovelies ♡

xx winwinneul