Chapter 30

Anne's Pov 

We all took our seats, up in the boxes, and before we knew it the room was dark while the stage was gorgeously lit up in coloured lights. Barnum had skilfully arranged for us to be seated in the direct opposite box as W.D. It was the first time that I had actually seen him in person. The first dance came out dressed in a beautiful white, feathered outfit and the ballet of Swan Lake began. Barnum had skilfully arranged for us to be seated in the direct opposite box as W.D. 

Can this be the evening? Can this be the place? Am I only dreaming, looking at his face? Everything I've wanted, suddenly so clear. My past and my future are here...

I drew my focus back to the ballet, well tried to. Everything they did, a little burst of something I had forgotten came shooting back into my mind. I was so nervous that I started to tear up the brochure we received as we entered the theatre, my arm still in the crook of Phillip's. He gave me something as we entered the room, a small bag. No bigger than the palm of my hand yet I've been too nervous to open it. I'm sure everyone can tell i'm nervous, I can feel myself tie myself up in knots. 

The ballerinas were amazing though with their painted wings, the silver snow outside was also whirling like the ballet.  There are things that my heart yearns to know and I will find a way to get my answers. I will find my way as Anneliese. 

Phillip's Pov 

Next to me is this frighten girl, holding tight as the dancers swirl. Anne was a nervous, shaking almost from her nerves. My eyes glanced sideways so as to look at her only to see her tearing up her brochure. I removed her hand from the crook of my arm and rather linked my hand with hers, giving it a reassuring squeeze to try to calm her down. She turned her head slightly but then returned to watching the ballet, or looking across at William Daniel. One or the other. She still hadn't open the small bag I gave her on the way in, the one with the butterfly ring. I had the little gold butterfly placed on a small band of wire so she could still wear it. 

Maybe even use it to remember me by when she goes off and claims her title at Anneliese Wheeler. I took a breath. Keep your nerve and see this through it's what you've come to do.

Someone holds her safe and warm. And someone will rescues her from the storm, simple things but one thing is clear. It is fate that have brought us here. 

Home. 

Love. 

Family. 

She will have all of it. I will help her find a way as Anneliese Wheeler. 

W.D'S pov 

Charity insisted that I come with her to the ballet tonight. Something about getting out of the house. Personally, I see no reason to. I have a window for air and enough books to last me a lifetime. But nevertheless, she suggested, more like forced but minor details, that I was to come and enjoy the ballet this evening. 

The ballet had only just started and I scanned the room to make sure that their were not hidden reporters about to jump out of get photos. And that when I saw the girl. A girl that looked exactly like my sister, Anneliese, sitting in the box directly across from us. 

See that girl? Could it be? 

Don't be ridiculous, I waved off the thought. I refuse to dream, I refuse to hope. I must stop believing that I will ever find her. 

 The ballerinas were amazing though with their painted wings, the silver snow outside was also whirling like the ballet. There are things that my heart yearns to know and I will find a way to get my answers. I will find a way, with or without Anneliese. 

Edmund's POV 

Once I knew where they were heading, it was not hard to follow Barnum and Carlyle into the theatre, and the girl was there which was an added bonus. Two birds with one stone. I cannot take Carlyle or Barnum to jail while they are still here, yet the girl....I can still complete my mission.

 Lurking in the shadows, I watched as her beauty dance just like the ballerinas. She's near at hand, yet here I stand. My heart and mind at war. The time must change, the world must change and love is not what revolutions are for....

Someone holds her safe and warm. And someone will rescues her from the storm, simple things but one thing is clear. It is fate that have brought us here. Simple things. Simple things. And whatever I have to do i'll do. Simple how simple men find a way. Just not today. 

I will find a way, Anneliese.