prologue.

Stepping out of my comfort zone with this book but, enjoy :) -zee

Omniscient

It was the day before finals, and there she was.. standing in front of the dorm room of her ex-lover, her first love actually. Instead of being in a library sipping on immense amounts of coffee to complete the overwhelming amount of work that sat in her blackboard, she stood in front of the well-polished wooden door and stared at her faint reflection. Beyoncé was the first and only girl who she had planned a future with and dedicated two years of her life to, before life for her had even started...

As she stood in front of room 114, she gulped down her guilt and sorrow of a love that was never protected. Onika had lost the love of her life, possibly forever. It had been two years since she heard those words—the words that scarred her love life forever and formed the immense ball of guilt  that coiled deep inside of her day by day.

Today, she would face her fear. On this day, four years ago, Beyoncé changed Onika's life forever. This day, December 4th, was the climax of their relationship.

Onika took a deep breath, her anxiety was now getting the best of her. She knocked a simple knock, in hopes of seeing her fear on the other end of the spectrum.

No one answered and so she knocked again, this time with confidence that she had lacked since she lacked love.

About 30 seconds later the door opens forcefully, with a smiling Beyoncé. Onika admired the adoration of her smile, which she had not seen in years, it was like love at first sight... for the second time.

Beyoncé's smile quickly faded away along with her happiness.

Onika stared at her apologetically, and she had every reason to be apologetic. She knew that she had some nerve to travel the distance and pop up unexpectedly just to say something heartfelt, something that had been long overdue.

Words had not yet been exchanged.

"I brought you these," Onika said with false confidence as she handed her the roses, which Beyoncé did not take.

Beyoncé stood there in shock.

"I'm sorry do I know you?" Beyoncé asked.

Onika's heart sank to her stomach as Beyoncé backed away and attempted to close the door in her face, which was soon met with Nicki's foot.

Beyoncé opened the door again and stared blankly into Nicki's face emotionless.

"Bey I'm sorry, please just talk to me. I know you shouldn't have to do anything for me, but I really need to talk to you please," Nicki begged as her heart ached through her chest.

"I don't know who you are, please leave me alone," Beyoncé nonchalantly stated.

"Beyoncé please."

Beyoncé looked around her room, her roommate lie there with a textbook in front of her face and her beats headphones playing loud music— luckily they unintentionally had been given privacy.

Nicki's heart ached from the dismissal Beyoncé pitched to her.

"I don't know wh-"

"I love you Beyoncé, so much. Please don't do this."

"You have a lot of nerve," Bey said whilst her hand gripped her own hip and the other rest on the frame of the door. She squinted at Onika in disbelief, as if she were a mischievous child who had just been caught in the cookie jar.

"Why are you here? I told you to leave me alone forever, four years ago, I think you misinterpreted what forever meant."

"Beyoncé there hasn't been a day where you haven't crossed my mind, I can't do this anymore, I can't keep away... I can't. I love you, I'm in love with you. You have to understand that I will never ever stop. I know I've hurt you-"

Beyoncé cut her off, once again, "Love shouldn't be used in your vocabulary anymore. I don't love you anymore, I want you to stay the hell.  away. from. me."

Those words shot right through Onika and left her speechless, she couldn't even ponder on what they meant. She had been struck by cupid's arrow for so long now that she doesn't know what it means to love someone other than Beyoncé.

Stay the Hell. Away. From. Me. Would haunt her for the next lifetime and Bey knew it. She also knew that one day Onika would be standing at her door with a somber face apologizing.

If it's something about Beyoncé, she can smell out people's intentions in a heartbeat. Until she could smell the hunger and desire Onika had for being with her she wouldn't allow it.

Heartbreak comes in 3 stages 1. Anger 2. Resentment 3. Discontentment

And after 4 years Onika found herself in the first stage while Beyoncé found herself moved on and happy.

"Okay," Nicki said as she inched away from the door.

Beyoncé caught one last look of her first love then simply closed the door.

"There's no time for heartbreak," she said for herself and rejoined her roommate for the study session.

"Who was that at the door?" Kelly, Beyoncé's roommate asked her.

"Nobody, an old friend," she stated as she flipped a page in her textbook.

Feedback?

The more feedback, the more I will update! 💙 -zee