The Meeting

Belladonna sat under the table, as the adults talked. They hadn’t realised she was there – they were standing closer to the fireplace. She almost sighed. They didn’t look happy. All of them were there – Lupin, Snuffles, Jamie, Peter, Mad-Eye, and some of the others. Dada was there too. All were sad. She frowned at them as she watched them. Why were they here? She was bored – but she couldn’t leave, because then Dada would know she left her room and he would be angry at him. She closed her eyes.

There’s a little house, she imagined. A cott- a cottage. And it’s pretty with a nice green garden. That’d be nice, right?

She rocked back and forth as she imagined the garden, and soon enough, the adults decided to leave. Except for Lupin, Snuffles and Jamie. She frowned. Why were they-

Suddenly a big pair of hands pulled her out from the table. She laughed as she struggled. “Hey!”

Snuffles looked at her disapprovingly. “You shouldn’t spy,” he scolded her gently.

“Wasn’t spying,” she told him. “I was playing.” She pointed at him. “You came in and made me spy.”

The three men swapped looks. Wasn’t she cute?

She frowned at them and crossed her arms and stuck out her lower lip. She didn’t like it when people did that. It made her feel stupid. She wasn’t stupid. Lupin smiled at her.

“Bedtime, I think.” He told her, picking her up. “Your father’s probably worried.”

She frowned. She didn’t want Dada to worry. She waved tiredly to the other two, and fell asleep on Lupin’s shoulder.