Chapter 4: A Frozen Heart(Part 1)

So you guys are leaving then?" Yuffie observed as Sora, Donald, Goofy and I headed for a circle of light similar to the one in the train station in Twilight Town.

"Yep. The worlds are waiting!" Sora grinned.

"If you ever need us, you know where we are." Leon asserted.

"Got it! Thanks!" Sora concluded as the light around us shone brighter and brighter. Leon and the others faded from our view, and the Gummi Ship soon revealed its playful coloration.

The ship lifted and blasted off similarly to the first time around. Once drifting in to space, the Heartless bombarded us with continuous attacks; strangely, what used to be laser beams from enemies turned to ice. Each strike composed of sub zero, diamond-like chunks.

"Ice?" Sora tossed and turned the ship, avoiding every possible attack and shooting down the mysteriously frozen Heartless.

"Uh oh." I noticed a gigantic Heartless in the distance. The creature originally appeared as a constellation, but it emerged from the stars to take the form of a cerulean squid seemingly bathed in the waters of the Arctic. "Sora? I think we have a little more company than we bargained for."

"Wak! Sora!" Donald shrieked as the brute  Heartless jolted toward the ship. "Shoot!"

"Hmm," Sora calmly stared down the darting beast, "ice."

"Sora, it's comin' quick!" Goofy shouted with concern. Sora continued to observe the pursuit of the frozen Heartless.

"Shoot now!" Donald quacked uncontrollably. Pen-drop silence occurred as Sora spoke.

"And fire." At the press of a button, Sora launched a massive ball of fire at the ice squid that came only a few feet away from crushing the Gummi Ship. The blast almost resembled a more compact version of the sun, for we could feel the heat even inside the Gummi Ship. "Phew." Sora wiped the sweat off of his forehead as all of us acknowledged that the giant Heartless had disappeared. Donald smacked the top of Sora's head with his staff.

"You almost killed us!"

"Ouch, Donald! I didn't, did I?"

"Guys," I captured their attention and pointed to a colossal outline of a keyhole, "look. What is that?"

"A keyhole to a new world!" Sora quickly summoned his Keyblade and pointed it at the keyhole. A thin beam of light disseminated from the tip of the blade to the center of the keyhole, and it vanished. "Let's go!"

The Gummi Ship zoomed past where the keyhole stood, and a world covered in ice revealed itself.

"Wow! No wonder all the Heartless were spouting ice." Sora moved the Gummi Ship closer to the world, and I covered my eyes with my hands as a brilliant light nearly blinded us.

I felt a chilling breeze form goosebumps on my exposed legs.

"I'm freezing." I vigorously shivered. I heard a snarl from behind me, and I turned to investigate. I shrieked as I realized the growl came from a Heartless Knight charging for me.

"Not today!" Sora slashed the Heartless down. He soon after grabbed his shoulders with either of his hands. "Ah! It's cold!" Sora looked out at the sea and pointed. "Look. Even the sea is turning to ice." We all noticed a mysterious lady prancing across the frozen ocean.

"Huh? Who's that?" I asked curiously.

"I don't know, but we need to find the keyhole, lock it, and get out of here!" Donald shook.

"Okay, okay. Let's move then."

The below freezing wind nearly numbed my legs as we walked through the bizarre weather.