Chapter 11: A False Reflection (Part 1)

Sora, Donald, Goofy, and I spent the rest of our Christmas Day engaging in winter activities. We built snowmen, had several snowball fights, and joyfully rode Christmas Town's magical carousel.

"What a wonderful Christmas." I dazed while we drifted through a shockingly peaceful space.

"I'm glad you had a good time, Hana! I know I did too!" Sora cheered.

"Guys! Something's going on in the Land of Dragons!" Chip's high-pitched squeak of a voice sounded over the intercom, and Sora almost instantly responded to their cry.

"Alright! We'll go check it out." Sora steered the Gummi Ship and bursted swiftly toward a world I had never seen before.

The light revealed to us the inside of an intricate palace. Red columns with gold bases stood on either side of a delicate carpet. The carpet led to an old, but polished man sitting in a towering throne.

"Hey, look. It's Mulan and General Shang." Donald gestured to a man and woman bowing before the Emperor.

"I know just the men for the job, your honor." Shang asserted.

"Would it be those three by chance?" The Emperor pointed out, drawing Mulan and Shang's attention to us.

"Yes! Sora, Donald, and Goofy!"

"General Shang! Mulan! It's great to see you all again." Sora grinned.

"Who's your new friend, Sora?" Mulan asked.

"This is Hana! Hana, this is Mulan, General Shang, and the Emperor of China!"

"It's very nice to meet you all." I bowed to the Emperor.

"It's nice to meet you too, Hana." Mulan smiled.

"So what job do you need us to do, General Shang?" Sora wondered.

"We are to escort three princesses to Qui Gong where they will marry in order to form an alliance." Shang informed. "I would like you all to go as bodyguards to the princesses. Can you do it?"

"Yes, sir!" Sora, Donald, and Goofy saluted.

"Hana, I guess you can come along as well." Mulan added.

"Come, there is a carriage waiting behind the palace. The princesses will meet you there once everything is ready to go." The Emperor stood to lead us to the carriage.

"Yes, your honor." Mulan and Shang bowed concurrently.

The shadows of the three princesses grew on a brick wall of the palace as they approached the Emperor and Mulan. The young girls came into view with fans that obscured half of their faces.

"I guess those three are the princesses." Goofy pointed out.

"Right." Sora agreed.

"Uh," I gasped, "guys, look!" I drew their attention to someone in a black coat standing idle behind us.

"The organization!" Sora assumed a defensive stance as he assembled the Keyblade in his hands.

"Whoa there! Put that thing away. I don't want to fight you, at least not right now."

"What are you doing here?" Sora barked.

"I'm just here to scout things out. Maybe one of these princesses happens to be one of the seven pure hearts we need."

"You're not gonna lay a finger on them!" Sora condemned.

"Oh, that's right. You're supposed to be their bodyguards. We'll just have to see about that." The man chuckled and vanished through a portal of darkness.