Chapter 16: A Dearly Beloved Connection

I opened my eyes up to the inside of Master Yen Sid's tower. I tried to stand, but the stiff pain in my back from sleeping in a sit-up position made it difficult.

"Ow." I rubbed the spot on my back where the pain was more consistent.

"Need help?" Riku extended out his hand for me.

"Sure. Thanks." I took hold of his hand, but Riku did most of the lifting as I finally arose to my feet. "Where's Sora?" The door to the next room flew open and smacked the wall adjacent to it.

"Hana!" Sora shouted and nearly tackled me as he wrapped his arms around me. Donald and Goofy followed closely behind the cheerful boy. "You're okay!"

"I guess that answers your question." Riku stated the obvious.

"So, you're Hana. Sora's been talking about you quite a bit." A girl strolled into the room, standing next to a tall, red-haired man in a black coat.

"Uh." I gasped when I saw the black coat, but I figured the lack of hostility came with reason. "Mhm." I nodded. "Who are you?"

"I'm Kairi. This is Axel."

"Got that memorized?" Axel smirked and pointed to his head as he spoke those specific words.

"Um, sure." I responded. "Sora? You can...let go of me now."

"Huh? Oh!" Sora jumped back and laughed nervously. "Guess I was just a little worried about ya."

"It's okay." I smiled. Kairi approached me and extended out her hand for me to formally greet her. She stood at the same height as me, and the color of her hair felt so...familiar. I noticed that it appeared as the same color the younger version of me from my memories possessed. I grasped her hand and shook it, but at the facing of our palms, Kairi suddenly flinched. "Kairi? What's wrong?" She held her head as if she started to experience a headache.

"Kairi." Sora approached her with concern as he placed his hands softly on her shoulders. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." Kairi started to gaze at me. "Hana."

"What is it, Kairi?" I wondered as the girl's eyes welled with tears. Her gentle tears turned to sobs as she abruptly wrapped her arms around my neck.

"I can't believe I forgot about you." She wailed, and her emotional embrace triggered a short memory.

Kairi and I sat on the leaning palm tree, watching the sun descend together.

"Thank you, Kairi. I would much rather be hanging out with you than studying."

"Hey, isn't that what sisters are for?" The young Kairi giggled.

My mind traveled back to the present, and I returned Kairi's hug when I finally understood her longing for the past.

"Kairi..." I wanted to tell her about my connection to the Master of Masters, but I couldn't stand the the thought of shattering her happy state.

"How could I ever forget about you? You're my sister, and my best friend!"

"Kairi, it's not your fault." I tried to reassure the sobbing girl.

"She's right, you know." Master Yen Sid cut in from his towering, throne-like chair. "Everyone, clear the room. I must speak with Hana alone."

The Master's words brought a bit of anxiety to my posture as everyone curiously trampled into the next room.

"Hana, there is another heart linked to yours. Do you know who's?"

"Yes, Master. The second heart inside me is a man's. Someone people call the Master of Masters."

"I believe I have heard that title before. The original wielder of the No-Name Keyblade. How in the worlds did you receive this heart?"