Chapter 13: The Other Side

I launched my Keyblade at the head of the dragon. The Wayward Wind ricocheted off the face of the beast and transformed. The gliding Keyblade returned to my side.

"Go on!" I gestured to Sora to board the glider.

"Uh." He gasped, unsure of what to do exactly, but Sora knew what had to be done. "Right." He jumped aboard and zipped toward the levitating Heartless. Sora leaped to the massive creature's back and maneuvered his way toward the gem. Sora took frequent stops to keep his balance while the dragon flailed aimlessly through the sky.

"He needs help." I observed as the glider Keyblade lowered next to me. "Donald!" I grabbed the lightweight duck and threw him over my shoulders.

"Hana!" Donald screeched as I boarded the Keyblade and rushed back into the sky. "I don't fly!"

"You do now!" I circled the dragon Heartless, "Donald! Hit the gem with your magic!"

"Don't tell me what to do!" Donald casted a fire spell that navigated itself toward the intended target. The fire magic ignited on the surface of the gem, forcing the beast to stop and allow Sora to proceed.

"Sora! Hurry!" I stressed. Sora darted for the dragon's head and delivered a colossal blow to the gem. The beast yet again fell to the ground, stunned.

Donald and I watched Sora, Goofy, Shang, and Mulan finish off the giant Heartless. We cheered as the beast vanished into the dark depths it calls home.

"Come to the world between." A strange voice in my head left me in sudden shock. I slipped and fell off the glider in astonishment.

"Hana!" Donald reached out. I turned to look at the ground which I quickly fell towards, and a portal of light formed beneath me. I screamed as the light engulfed me, and my surroundings quickly dissipated.

I awoke in a strongly unfamiliar setting. I heard the crinkle of grass at the twitch of my fingers and smelt the sweet aroma of flowers. My palms came in contact with the ground as I lifted myself up. When I looked out, I noticed that I stood on a hill overlooking a peaceful town.

"What is this place?" I gazed at the gorgeous scenery of the town.

"This is the world between, but if you'd like me to be more specific, you're in Daybreak Town."

"That voice." I turned to look at yet another man in a black coat. "You were the one who spoke inside my head. Who are you?"

"You don't think you know?"

I contemplated his words. "I don't think you're with the organization."

"I guess we seekers are as keen as the worlds once knew."

"We?"

"We." The man walked to stand next to me near the edge of the hill. I jumped when I realized I wasn't experiencing any pain in my heart.

"Wha-? My heart, it doesn't hurt."

"You don't have a heart in this world. You're just a soul."

"Wait, what? Where am I?"

"Didn't I already tell you that?"

"Ah! That's not what I mean."

"Then...what do you mean?" He knew exactly what I meant. "I'm just teasing!"

I continued to stare at him blankly.

"The world between, it is a parallel universe that exists between the realm of darkness and the realm of light. Only your soul can enter through the portal." The man explained.