Ch.2

The letter was pretty basic, boring. They told me how surprised they were that I got in without a quirk. I wanted to reply that I did have a quirk, kind of. I watched as my parents scowled at the results, scolding me about getting second and not first.

The next day I went to UA for my first day. It was calming walking to school with my backpack on my back and my bag hanging loosely on my side. When I approached the school grounds I clipped the bag to my side and walked in.

I could easily play the bag off as my quirk, seeing as it looked as if it was connected to my skin. I wandered around the large school for awhile before finding the class I had been looking for. Class 1-A.

When I walked in it was total chaos. Some kid had his feet on the desk, other kids were pushing each other around. Some were scolding each other. There was only one kid I saw keeping away from that mess.

A kid with red and white hair. I walked over to him and sat down at the desk next to him. He didn't seem to notice, or care, for that matter. I ignored it. I had studying to focus on.

New chemicals and everything about them. Pulled out the book on chemicals, a thick 1000 page book, each chapter explaining another element or chemical or anything. Science stuff. Yay!

I was reading about different hydrogen acids when I felt a light tap on my shoulder.
Red-white boy tapped me and pointed to the front of the class where the teach, or someone, stood.

Mr. Aizawa, as he said his name was, would be our teacher. He showed us our uniforms and told us to meet him outside and everyone. I quickly changed into the uniform and pulled my bag over my head, careful to not hit any buttons.

Most of the girls were talking while changing but I just shot a few of them a smile and walked out. I didn't want to talk, the more I talked the closer I would get to letter the fact that I don't have a quirk out.

Mr. Aizawa told us that we would be doing school fitness tests but with our quirks. I did my best not to flinch when he told us the person in last place would be expelled. I was probably internally panicking but I ignored the fear.

Work, work, work. I worked for this and I wasn't about to let it go to waste. I was going to top all these losers with quirks, one way or another.

In the first test, 50 meter dash, I simply ran, unable to do much about going faster in short notice. I still did pretty good with about 5 seconds. I barely had to stop and catch my breath afterwards, seeing as I had been forced to practice all year.

Next was grip test, which I didn't do to well on, with only 46 kg. I had given up before I had even tried and didn't really like grabbing the grip tester thingy.

After that, we had standing long jump. I did pretty well with that one, I simply exploded another Cesium bomb and took off using that. I cleared the sand box and made it. I landed flat on my back though and had to heave to get my breath back. I struggled.

Then, repeated side steps, I mixed different things, aka borax, cornstartch, normal glue, and water, and stuck it to the ground using polyvinyl acetate. It worked out pretty well and I ended up bouncing side to side before one of the sides came off.

Next was ball throw, which I did not do to hot on. I threw it as if it was a normal ball, completely forgetting that I could've made it go farther. After I finished I panicked and asked if I could do it again. He said no. I felt like death. Mom was gonna kill me.

After all that we had three more things to do but it wasn't like I could use my 'quirk' for most of them. I just did what I could, which was usually still pretty good.

At the end we got our results, I found out I got 2nd after Momo Yaoyorozu. I felt like crying but I sucked it up. Whenever I cried I got in trouble and I wasn't about to get in trouble now. Instead, I paced.

I could feel some people watching me pace side to side as if I killed someone and was debating what to do with the body but I kept going. I paced and paced until I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Mr. Aizawa.

I stopped. He told me, "you should stop that. It's distracting."

I nodded but I felt like crying more. I kept tapping my fingers on my arms, legs, anywhere I could tap. Eventually I ended up tapping on my bag and making weird combinations.

I ended up accidentally lighting the ground on fire, which I quickly made look like I did that on purpose by making a rainbow fire. Some kids were pleased whereas I was tapping the bag desperately trying to hold back tears.

Not here, not now. Mr. Aizawa let us go to lunch and I was off. I didn't go to the lunchroom, I went to the library. I don't eat lunch, I don't eat a lot at all actually. I probably should eat, but not right now.

I ignored the pain from my stomach and ran to the library. I quickly got to work on something. Anything.

I worked on a gas mask. An advanced one, at that. I was planning it out, scribbling in the paper at lightning speed. Everything else was disappearing. Until my phone rang. I picked it up. My mom was calling.

"Hey, mom," I carefully said to her.

"Oh hey, (Name), quick question. What the fuck?"