Ch.7

The next day, I went to school and avoided my parents. Technically, I shouldn't have gone to school because I was probably going to pass out again but, hey, as long as I'm not home.

I walk into school and immediately spot Todoroki. I walk over to him and he looks up at me.

"Hey, Todoroki," I give a small wave and smile at him. He nods and me and looks down at his clothes, flattening them out.

"Are you doing better," he asks me. I nod and we fall into a comfortable silence. "My dad's coming in today. To talk to us future heroes."

"Sounds... interesting," I say. I didn't really know how to continue the conversation so we walked to class in silence.

"We're here," Todoroki's voice cuts through the air after a while of walking. I look up to see the door to class 1-A.

"That we are," I respond. I go to open the door but a large hand beats me to it.

"Let me get it for you. A man should always hold the door open for a lady," a deep voice spoke.

I turned and saw Endeavor, Todoroki's dad. I squeak out of pure fear and nod. He holds the door open and, while stuttering a thanks, I walk into the room.

Todoroki walks in after me, "are you sure you're well?"

I nod and respond, "your dad is just kind of scary."

He nods and goes to his seat, me following suit. The class watched in silence as Endeavor walks into the room before breaking out in whispers.

"Silence," Endeavor's booming voice goes through the room. Everyone goes quiet and watches Endeavor's every move.

Endeavor walks around the class, passing out a paper. He nods and answers a few kids questions before returning to the front of the class.

I look down at the paper in front of me. Basic questions, basic questions. Name, hero name, quirk. Basic questions.

I answered as I always did.

Name: (Name) (Lastname)
Hero Name: _____
Quirk: Making chemicals

"Pass the papers up when you're done," Endeavor tell the class. Everyone starts writing quickly and then passing the papers up before chatting with their friends, asking what they put.

I put my paper forward and the person in front of me, Kaminari, turned around.

"You've never told anyone your quirk," he pointed out.

"Clearly you've never talked to Uraraka before," I retort.

He nods, "never planned to. But I will now, considering I know your quirk."

I roll my eyes and look over at Todoroki, who sits next to me. He has his eyes closed and arms crossed. He seems to be sleeping but I know better than that.

"Pst, Todoroki," I whisper at him. He opens his eyes and looks at me, confused. "Why's your dad so scary?"

"Why are you whispering," he asks in response. I groan a little and turn back around in my seat, facing the front of the class and Endeavor.

Endeavor starts talking and I listen for a while before tuning out. Until I hear a crash. The door had just flung open.

"(Name)! You forgot your bag," Cam yelled from the doorway.

"My... bag," I question them.

"Your bag," they yell, throwing a ball of blue at me. My bag fell short of my desk and before it hit the ground, I jumped out of my desk and caught it.

"Thanks, Cam," I thanked, ignoring the stares of my peers. Cam nodded before leaving.

"How did she get into the building," one kids asks.

"They got in by... I don't really know. Cam just kind of goes where they want," I shrug. I really didn't know how Cam got in.

"Maybe he's a ghost," yelled a different kid.

I groan, "Cam isn't a ghost. They're perfectly normal, quirk and all."

"Maybe that's what the government wants ya to believe," I hear Kaminari say from in front of my. I smack him in the head with the bag before putting the blue bag next to my backpack.

"Idiots," I whisper.

"Tell me about it," I hear Todoroki whisper next to me. I silently laugh and watch as Todoroki, with his all stoic face, smirks a little.

I resist the urge to gasp and instead smile warmly at him. He's opening up. Maybe. He's probably opening up.

"Okay... well besides that whole fiasco, we should continue," says Endeavor. Most of the class nods in agreement and they continue.

But I was too stuck in my thoughts. Todoroki smirked at me. Maybe it wasn't a smile but it was certainly something. And that something is a smirk!

I smile to myself and rest my head on my hand. I watch the front of the room, watching Endeavor. Class seemed to drag in forever and Todoroki was stuck in my head.

"You look so lovesick," I hear a certain electric asshole say.

"Oh, shut up," I respond, looking away from the front and glancing towards Todoroki. I see him looking at me but when I look at him he turns his head away.

Well played, Todoroki. Well played.