Ch. 16

I woke up in a hospital room. The beeping in my ear and the flowers on the nightstand explained that really well.

I blinked a few times at the light that was coming in through the window to the side of my hospital bed.

I glanced outside. Birds chirping and flying by, people walking through the streets talking. It made me feel so lonely.

Anything would've felt better than being in here at this point. IV in my arm, beeping in my ear, and memories stuck in my head.

I felt sick. I threw up over the side of the bed. I closed my eyes. My head was too hot, the sounds too loud, and the smell of throw up too strong.

I laid down again and just laid there, breathing in and out. In and out. It sounded like I was out of breath with how hard I was breathing.

The beeping was getting faster and faster, only sending me further and further into my state.

My head was buzzing, it was sensing danger that wasn't there. It was screaming at me to go and run but my body couldn't move at all.

The smell was getting stronger and stronger, the sounds getting louder and louder. The beeping faster and faster until—.

I was in a full black hallway. There was no one there but there were whispers as if it was a school hallway.

I walked and walked. The walls seemed to be jumping out at me, scaring me each time they did.

There was nothing there. Nothing up ahead and nothing was ever going to be there. The whispers talked of a person, a piano, a little bit of music but it didn't make sense to me.

Then, the whispers stopped. Faint piano notes. My favorite song. The song fake Todoroki would play everyday.

My breath quickened but I couldn't hear my own breathing. I continued walking forward, going against my own brain.

There was a hint of light ahead. The music got louder. My body kept moving forward.

I begged myself to stop. I told my muscles that they'd regret this, that they'd better turn back now or they'd be hurt as well as me.

But my body carried my forward. It carried me to the bright door of fake Todoroki, where we'd dance until dawn.

I didn't move but the door still opened. When it did I saw the piano. It was a black room, nothing but the piano had color.

It was different from the room I had been trapped in but it still made my heart skip beats in a bad way.

At the piano was fake Todoroki. Playing away as if nothing was going on, as if nothing was wrong.

"Come," fake Todoroki told me. "Sit. Let's give this room its color."

I didn't want to but I sat next to him. Staring down at the piano keys, I realized the trap I was put in.

Fake Todoroki stood and waited behind me. She put her hands on mine and led my hands towards the piano.

I could feel her smile against my neck as she led my fingers into playing a beautiful song.

After playing the melody twice, she lifted her hands and pulled me off the chair. The music continued.

Fake Todoroki smiled at me and spun me around. We started dancing. She didn't say anything for a while.

"You look beautiful in this light," she... he said after a while. I smiled, falling for him a bit more now, memories forgotten.

"Thank you. That's very sweet of you," I respond. He nods.

After a while of dancing he smiles. His smile grows and grows the more we dance. It grows until he bites in my neck and suddenly I can see him holding my dead body, dancing with it.

I gasp. Nurses and doctors are surrounding me, bringing me somewhere. I feel light and confused.

"What happened?" I ask. "Where am I going? Where are you taking me?"

A doctor looks down at me and gives a small smile. They say a few things to the other doctors before turning back to me and saying, "welcome back, (L/N)."

I close my eyes for moment and look around myself again. I could hear doors open and me being brought into a room.

I could hear yells of doctors around me. But there was no beeping. Thank god there was no beeping.

I closed my eyes again as they put some sort of mask on me. I smiled a little at the funny feeling in my stomach before I was out like a light.

There was no feeling anywhere when I was out.