Ch. 13

Todoroki stared back at me. Well, he glared at me and my breath caught in my throat. I felt relief flow through me though.

Todoroki will help me get out of here. Todoroki will get me out of this building and back to UA, back to my home.

"Thank god," I say. "Thank you so much!"

But my hope is cut short when he slams me into the ground. No words are spoken but he keeps slamming me into the ground.

My back aches with pain and I can't do anything to stop him. I don't have a quirk and I don't have my bag with me.

I close my eyes and grit my teeth. I refuse to scream and ask. Why isn't Todoroki using his quirk?

If this was Todoroki then why am I not being hurt by fire and ice? More importantly, why would Todoroki beat me up? Unless this isn't Todoroki.

"Stop," I screamed. "I know you aren't Todoroki!"

The person stops and smirks. Their form shifts and suddenly I'm staring at a lady that looks to be in her mid-thirties.

"Smart girl. Smart, smart girl," she mumbles. She yanks on my collar and drags me away from the wall I was previously being beat on.

She walks and walks. I try to get out by struggling, by biting her and kicking her but nothing works.

After a while, she stops in front of a door. It looks to be metal plated and hard to break. She stared for a second before using a keycard to open the door.

She continues to mumble, "break out. You can't break out of here. Break out."

I continue to struggle but when she chucks me into the cell I stop. I wipe the flood off my mouth and glare at her.

It feels like a scene from a movie. The lady's face is covered in shadows and she stares at me in the cell.

I'm sitting on the ground, glaring at the lady. I was sending the message that I would get out of here.

"You won't break out," says the lady. It's the only full sentence she's said that hasn't had extra words tacked onto the back or front.

It shatters all my plans. My head agrees with her but my heart denies. My heart says that Todoroki will come, that Todoroki will save me.

But my head said no. I was outmatched and Todoroki clearly wouldn't be worried. He thought I was going to the station, he probably thinks I'm at the station right now.

I close my eyes before opening them again and grunting out in pain. I laid down on the ground and watched as all the light left the room.

The lady has left and she took all my hope of escaping with her. I close my eyes and feel my consciousness leaving me.

I'm tired. Emotionally and physically I'm done. I can't do anything more today. Maybe tomorrow I'll make a plan, maybe tomorrow I'll be saved.

As I fall asleep I hear the door open again. I don't know what happened after that as I was far too gone in a world of dreams.

When I awoke I was... in my room? I shot off my bed and over to my desk. I felt through it and looked through it.

It was my desk, it was my room, everything was okay. Was I saved? I didn't know. I always thought there was more, I don't know, magic and romance in it.

I sigh in relief nonetheless. This may be sketchy but at least I was safe. I was home and life would return to normal.

Then it dawned on me. My parents would still be gone. I rushed out of my room and come face to face with my moms fist.

"Oh, I was just about to knock but this works to," she says. I roll my eyes internally and nod at her. "Come, we're having breakfast."

Breakfast? Since when did my family eat breakfast together? I ignore the blatant red flag and follow my mom.

When we get to the kitchen it's a mess. Pots and pans in the sink. It looks like part of the oven was very brunt and it smelled like smoke.

Aside from that, on the table was a large plate full of pancakes, bacon, eggs, and basically most breakfast foods.

My mouth waters just looking at it. I look at my mom for a sign to sit down and chow down but I find that my moms already sitting down.

"Well," she asks. "Sit down!"

I nod and sit down quickly. I start putting things on my plate and I start eating. My parents follow suit.

It's a few minutes before I realize that I probably have school. If I'm late then my teacher'll beat me up.

My eyes widen and I take a glance at the time. Shoot! I'm late! I jump up and apologize to my parents before running towards the door.

"Honey, you aren't going to school today," I hear my dad's voice float through the house.

"Because you were just kidnapped we thought it'd be better to let you stay here for a few days. To recover," my mom explains.

"Also, we decided that we've been too hard on you. We're good to be nicer from now on."

Another red flag that I ignored.

I nodded hesitantly at them and sat down at the table again. I finished eating in silence, questioning what was truly going on.

Maybe they just wanted to be better people, a part of my brain whispered.

You idiot, they're just trying to be on good terms for when we become great heroes. So they can leech off our money, says the other part of my brain

I shake my head at myself and finish eating. After I wash my plate I go back to my room. I sit down on my bed and watch the time go by.

I didn't know what was wrong but something felt seriously wrong. Very, very wrong. I ignored the feeling.

But the feeling was red flag number three.

Thank you for 1k reads!