Chapter 33 How do you sleep?

I quickly pulled out of Aaron's grasp and ran up the porch. "What's wrong?" he called. I turned and looked at him franticly. "She seen us! Alyssa seen us!" Some of the color drained from his face.

I opened the door and went inside. "Lyss?" I said hesitantly. She was in the livingroom picking up Rory and grabbing Bruce's hand. "Come on time for a nap!" She snapped. "No we don wanna!" Rory cried.

"I don't care, you're going upstairs right now!" She yelled. "Lyss can we please talk, it's not what you think!" I kept saying as she took them up the steps to their bedrooms. "Shut up Chloe and get out of my house." She growled.

Woah. She's never talked to me like that. Ever. Even during some of our worst fights. How am I going to fix this? I waited down in the kitchen for her to come back. I couldn't just leave without at least trying to explain.

I looked out the window. Aaron was gone. It was bad enough that I had just hurt him, now my bestfriend too. I thought over what I was going to say to Alyssa when I heard her footsteps.

She walked into the kitchen and glared viciously. "Why are you still here?" She demanded. I flinched at the coldness in her face and tone. "Alyssa listen to me please, me and Aaron we're...We're just friends, I was upset about something and he-"

"Bullshit! I've had suspicions about the two of you for a long time, and out there you both just confirmed them!" She said. "Lyss you don't understand, let me explain-" "Explain? Ha! What do you want to explain, how you're two lost souls, how you're meant to be? How could you Chloe?"

"Okay listen, the truth is I met Aaron back in September before that day in gym, the night of Courtney's party I got drunk and played seven minutes in heaven with him. It was a stupid mistake and I told myself I wasn't going to see him any more. But then you started talking to him and it bugged me. Then since you were spending so much time with him I ended up starting to like him. I tried not to, I really did-"

I stopped talking because of the look on her face. "Oh my God, you're the reason he broke up with me aren't you? There I was so devastated, so depressed that I lost him, and the whole time you were seeing eachother." She said slowly, building.

"Lyss I swear we haven't been seeing one another, not until recently." I said. She stared at me before begining to laugh hysterically. "Lyss?" She wiped her eyes still chuckling.

"Wow, not only was he cheating on me, but you were cheating on Scott, you deserve eachother." She said. I took a deep breath, I really didn't need to snap at her right now. I wanted to work this out, I wanted her forgiveness, but she was hurting my feelings even more.

"That's why you asked Scott to take a break right? So you could be with perfect blonde Aaron? Wow, just...Wow" She said while shaking her head. "That's not how it happened, you don't have a clue-"

"Yeah I didn't have a clue, not the slightest clue of what you're willing to do to get what you want. Well congratulations! You have Aaron and Scott all to your self now, I hope you're happy." She said.

"Alyssa I am sorry, can we please talk this out, let me explain more clearly.." I pleaded. "No. I'm done with you Chloe. Done. As far as I'm concerned our friendship is over." She said. I stared at her, shocked.

"Lyss...You can't be...Are you serious?" I asked. "Yep, get out of my house." She said indifferently. "You're done with me because of a boy, 'Lyss that's crazy!" I practically yelled. "Well I guess you'll be better off without crazy little me in your life. Now leave." She said.

I could see that there was no way of getting through to her. I left her house, tears stinging my eyes. I had so many regrets, so many things I wished I could change. Even the boy troubles mean almost nothing to me now that my bestfriend hates me.