Chapter 41 You're geekier than Star Trek, and that's saying something.

After standing numbly in the driveway wishing Scott would come back, and realizing that he wasn't, I went straight to my room. I got my phone and called my mom, trying desperately not to cry yet. I was not going to have a breakdown at this fricken cabin with Megan and Alyssa downstairs probably gossiping about what they had seen.

Ugh. I just wanted to go home. Even though the cabin was an hour away from my house mom agreed to come and pick me up. Since I had an hour to kill I slowly packed my bags and trudged down to the deck to let Megan know my room was available.

"You're leaving already? But...We just got here, we haven't even-" I waved off Megan's voice and looked right at Alyssa.

"I told him everything, he hates me now, so I sincerely hope you're happy." I said before turning and going to the front of the cabin. I set my bags on the ground and leaned against the wall.

Hopefully there wasn't much traffic so my mom would get here a lot sooner. I really owed her for coming to get me. My eyes were starting to sting from holding the tears in. No, I was not going to cry here...Not in the car either.

I had told my mom that Scott and I had a fight, that's why I wanted to come home, but I wasn't about to spend an hour long car ride sobbing in front of my mother. She would try to make me feel better of course, but she didn't know the reason I'd be crying, so there was only so much she could do.

My chest was now aching along with my eyes. I needed comfort. I needed to not be judged, I needed- Aaron.

I told him I would call anyways, so I did. "Chloe hey, are you okay? What happened?" he answered quickly. I smiled a little. At least I still had him.

"I told him, everything, He was so...mad, so upset. He took off, left his all his stuff and just...Left." I mumbled. Aaron didn't speak for a minute. Just knowing that he was on the other line, was comforting. Finally he sighed.

"Geez Chloe...I'm, I'm really sorry, what did he all say?" I told Aaron everything that Scott said, everthing that I had said feeling even worse by the time I finished. I had really hurt Scott. I had never imagined that I could hurt him, he's so strong, so brave and tuff.

I must be a monster. "He actually yelled at you?" Aaron asked, sounding a bit miffed. "Well, I did cheat on him, I'm thinking I deserved a little yelling." I said with a sigh.

"I disagree." I could tell just by his tone that Aaron had rolled his eyes. "Aaron.." "Yeah, you kissed another guy and kept it from him, I honestly don't think that's worth getting that upset over, but me and lamp boy think differently, so whatever." He said.

"Aaron, try seeing things through his perspective huh? What if the person you loved kissed someone else, how would that make you feel?" I said. I understood why Scott was upset, I got jealous all the time, Scott is constantly surrounded by cheerleaders and girls throwing themselves at him, I couldn't bear to even think if he gave in to them once...

"I suppose it would suck." Aaron replied. I wasn't sure, but it felt like he was being sarcastic. "Aaron is something wrong-" "No Chloe, nothing at all. But I kind of have to go, hiking and what not, but if you need anything, just call me, okay?" he said.

"Okay." There was a long pause before he said anything else. "Chloe?" "Yes?" "I know you must be feeling like a horrible person for lying to Scott, but you were brave enough to tell him the truth, so please don't beat yourself up too much, alright?" he said softly.

I frowned at my feet, feeling the stinging behind my eyes start up again. "Alright." I replied. "Good bye Chloe." "Bye." I hung and stuffed my phone back into my pocket.

Aaron thought I was brave, so I was going to do my best to pretend that I was. My mom's car pulled into the driveway. I'd at least be brave until I was back to the safety of my own bedroom, where I could cry alone.