Training wheels (Elton)

"Elton's come on. She's 6 years old. It's time we took the training wheels off". Elton paced back and forth at the thought of taking our little girls training wheels off her bike.

"She doesn't even want them off" he argued.

"Mia baby do you want to ride a big bike with no training wheels?" I asked her. Her eyes got wide with excitement and she cheered. I gave Elton my "I told you so" look as he huffed taking the wheels off. I could barely hear him mumble something under his breath. "Watch it" I warned him. We sat Mia on her bike and Elton started pushing her. Before we knew it he was letting go and she was doing it all on her own. I stood next to Elton watching for a second before he wrapped his arm around me. He started to say something when we heard a loud cry from in front of us. Both of us took off running him reaching Mia before I could. She lost her balance and scraped up her knees and elbows.

"Daddy's here baby" he cooked licking her off the ground rushing her into the house. I grabbed the bike setting in by the front door. I met them in the kitchen. Mia had a scrape on both her knees and her elbows. Nothing that was serious it was just the normal kid type bumps and bruises.

"Mia, come here baby. Let mommy see" held her arm in my hand and gently looked at it. I was about to kiss it and make it all better when Elton snatched her away from me.

"I think you've done enough" he snapped. I could tell Mia was freighted by his reaction so I chose not to scare her more by picking a fight. Instead I made a funny face at her getting a little laugh and grabbed her an ice pack before walking into the office to calm myself. It wasn't long before I heard her little feet run into the room behind me.

"Look mommy" she smiled showing me her paw patrol band aids.

"Those are really cool baby" I laughed at her kissing her forehead, "hey why don't you go play with you toys upstairs in your room for a bit?" She didn't even say another world just ran upstairs. I walked into the kitchen seeing Elton cleaning off the counter. I stood in the doorway for a minute just watching.

"I think you owe me an apology?" He finally said.

"I owe you a what?"

"I told you she wasn't ready!"

"Elton she is 6 years old for Christ sake! It was and accident it happens. Welcome to parenthood". We were finally facing each other and I couldn't believe he was really trying to blame this on me.

"I know how old she fucking is! Stop trying to make it sound like she's a fucking adult!"

"Watch you language!" I warned him. One rule we had in our relationship is not to cuss at each other.

"Stop trying to control me! You're not the fucking queen of the world. You don't always know what's best!"

"Is this still about the training wheels?"

"It's about everything! Why can't you fucking see that you always think your right and everyone else is an idiot!"

"I've never said that! I do not think I'm always right!" By now the years we falling freely down my cheeks.

"Yes you fucking do y/n! For the past few weeks you've been so fucking moody and lord help me if you don't get your way! God it's like your fucking pregnant again!" I kept crying. I couldn't hold myself up anymore the emotions made my body weak. I slid to the ground. "Oh my god your pregnant aren't you?"

"Yes" I had been waiting to surprise him until our anniversary next week when I had the sonogram.

"Oh my god baby I'm so sorry!" He held me to his chest as I kept crying. This is one part of pregnancy I did not miss the constant crying. 

"I was going to surprise you!" I laughed wiping my tears.

"You know from an outside perspective we are completely dysfunctional". We both laughed just hanging in each others arms on the floor of our kitchen.