17 ~ Happy Meal

Reese sipped on his coffee, struggling to keep his eyes open.

"Good mor... whoa, you look terrible," Rose greeted as she came into the kitchen. Reese just nodded, taking another mouthful of his warm drink. "Did you sleep at all last night," he looked up at her and shook his head. "Nico told me what Trinity said, just because your mate's dad is a mad man who will stop at nothing to take the pack's territory, doesn't mean you should lose any sleep.

"I'm just confused as to why Ashley never told me that her father was a psychopath," Reese said, his words dry.

"She probably didn't know that it would mean anything to you," Rose said, giving him a reassuring smile. He gave her a stiff nod and a weak smile. He looked down at his coffee, why couldn't his life be simple for once? "Alpha Anderson," Rose said suddenly. Reese looked up to see his father stand in the doorway, giving Rose a slight nod. She smiled sweetly before walking out of the room, being careful not to touch the Alpha as she passed.

"Good god you look awful," his dad chuckled.

"Thanks for that," he said, rubbing his eyes. "Did you just come down here to insult me or...?"

"No, I did not, Nicolai came in to see me last night and told me something very interesting about your mate," Reese just nodded, knowing where this was going. "Aside from the fact that she is human, she is also the daughter of Michael West?" Reese stayed silent. "Let's just hope she hates him just as much as we do, otherwise we could have a problem."

"What are you boys talking about?" A woman asked, wondering into the room.

"Morning mum," Reese said his voice a monotone.

"I've been needing to talk to you," his mum said, wiggling her index finger at him, making Reese raise an eyebrow. "Why on earth did you kidnap your poor mate?" He groaned and laid his head down on the kitchen island.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to intrude," Reese looked up to see Ashley standing there, still in her pyjamas.

"Nonsense," his mum said, a wide smile on her face. "My name is Samantha and this is my husband Henry," she introduced, holding out her hand for Ashley to shake. "We're Reese's parents," Ashley's eyes filled with understanding as she gave Reese's mum a genuine smile.

"Ash, you should go and get dressed, we'll be leaving soon," Reese said, she nodded and skipped out of the room.

"Where are you going?" His dad asked.

"To pick up her mum from the hospital," his father nodded while his mothers face contorted with sorrow.

"Why was she in hospital?" His mum questioned.

"Kidney failure," Reese said bluntly.

"And she is staying here?" The Alpha raised an eyebrow.

"Don't worry; I told her everything the other day, she said that she just wants Ashley to be happy."

"She sounds like a lovely woman," his mum said excitement in her voice.

"I think you to will get along well."

"What did she say about you kidnapping her daughter?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"I forgot to mention that," Reese stated, an innocent look on his face. Ashley came back into the kitchen, her hair tied back and no longer in pyjamas. "Are you ready to go?" She nodded frantically, smiling as Reese pushed himself to his feet. He walked past his parents, following Ashley into the garage. He climbed in the driver's seat, twisting the keys. Ashley climbed in next to him, pulling her seatbelt across her chest. He smiled, starting the engine and pulling out of the garage.