2

Lauren

"You ok?" Amy asked. "You've been looking a little upset all morning."

"I'm fine." I smiled. "I just have a lot on my mind."

"We only have a couple more shots left so you can leave after that. You don't have to stay for everything today." She smiled

"Thanks." I nodded.

I was not expecting to see Jayceon today. But what's really messing with my head is the fact that he looked me dead in my face and acted as if he didn't know me. Was it all an act? I really want to know. We have kids together and he just up and left like nothing. We were married and he stood there like he's never met me. I have so many questions.

"Lauren?" Amy waved her hand in front of my face

"Sorry." I pushed my hair back behind my ear. "I zoned out a little."

"You want to talk about it?"

"Uhhh. No. I rather not. Not right now." I shook my head

"Well you can go ahead and take the rest of the day off. We're basically done."

"Ok. And I apologize for not being here all they way today."

"It's fine." She smiled. "We all have our days. I understand."

I grabbed my bag and left out of the studio.

I dialed Riley's number as soon as I got to the car.

"Hello?" She answered

"Guess the fuck what."

I could hear fumbling on the other end "what?"

"I saw Jay."

"Nuh uh! You lying."

"I promise you."

"What happened? What he say?"

I laughed a little. "He was real smooth with it. His ass acted like he didn't know me. Gon shake my hand and say nice to meet you."

"What?! Forreal?"

"Deadass. I didn't know whether to cry or knock his ass out."

"That's beyond fucked up."

"Exactly. He out here playing daddy and got kids of his own. I mean, my kids good, but it's just the point of it."

"I feel you."

"I honestly feel like him and Chris switched souls or some shit. Jay was never like this and I don't know how to confront him about it."

"I would just go with the flow for right now. You doing your thing, you have Chris and like you said, the kids are good. Just let that shit rock for right now. Don't give him the satisfaction of seeing that, that shit is affecting you. When it's time to let that shit out, you'll know."

"You right." I agreed as I pulled into my driveway. "Well, I'm at the house now. I'll talk to you later."

"Alright. Bye."

The call ended and I got out of the car. The house was extremely quiet since I was the only one here. I popped some popcorn for myself and took it upstairs so I could have something to snack on while I watch a movie on Netflix.

~~~~

Chris

"Alright. Last shot. Chris stand behind her please and face the camera." Alicia, The photographer directed