5

Lauren

"Why you calling me?" I smirked as I looked into the camera. "You've been gone like 30 minutes."

"I know but I miss you." Chris pouted.

"You're such a baby."

"You didn't have that on when I left this morning. Let me see." He frowned

I slowly panned the camera down so he could see

"See, you be playing." He shook his head

"What?"

"Nothing. You going to the store today? You're stuff from the Supreme collab came in."

I sighed and sat up. "Yeah. I'll probably go and set that up now so I can get it at least halfway done before the kids get home."

"Cool." He nodded. "I'll be there after this meeting is over."

"Ok." I smiled

"I love you."

"I love you too." I ended the FaceTime call.

I walked into the bathroom and turned the shower on. It didn't take me long to get ready because I skipped putting make up on and I just put my hair up into a messy bun. I grabbed my keys and got into the car. I stopped by Starbucks before going to my store.

People were already inside shopping and smiled as I sat in the car watching. I got my belongings together and made my way inside.

"Good morning." I smiled as I walked past Emily.

"Good morning."

I walked to my office and looked at the pile of mail sitting on my desk. I looked through it to make sure it was nothing important and then I went to the storage room in the back to start unpacking the new things. Carrying a couple new pieces out to the front, I realized that I had to make room for the new things. I sat them on the counter and looked around. My eyes landed on the items that were in here from my first release.

I pulled out my phone and snapped a quick picture, uploading it to Instagram: 75% off, today only!

1 hour later

I finished putting the price tags on the new items. People flooded in after I made the post on Instagram. Everything was gone and I could now put up the new pieces.

"That shit hot. I need every color." A familiar voice said behind me.

I turned around and Jayceon was standing there.

"What are you doing here?" I looked up at him.

"I just want to talk."

I shook my head. "I don't."

"You don't have to. Just listen to me."

"I don't want to do that either. I don't even want to see you."

"Please." He grabbed my arm gently as I turned around

"Come on. You got 15 minutes." I spoke and began walking to my office. I sent Chris a text letting him know that he was here so it wouldn't be a surprise to him.

I sat at my desk and Jayceon stood at the door.

"Sit." I pointed to the chair

"You look beautiful." He smiled and sat down. "I miss you."

I sat back and crossed my arms.

"I wonder if you still love me or even missing me."

"Cut the shit. Why are you here? I don't want to hear that shit."

"I know I'm the last person you want to see right now but fucking these bitches ain't helping my pain. I miss you Lauren. I need you."

"Your pain? You doing you. That's what I heard. That's what you wanted right?"

"See." He shook his head "You heard I was doing me? What does what people say and what you heard gotta do with me?" He sat back

"Are you dumb? You dipped out on me and our kids like we didn't mean shit to you."

"I know I hurt you, more than once, but damn you had to go back to him? Of all people? I know I'm living foul but you don't get me back like that." He shook his head

"My nigga, you got a whole fucking girlfriend." I began to get irritated. "Why do you care about who I'm with? I'm living my life. I'm not worried about 'getting you back' or none of that other bullshit." I air quoted. "Karma will handle you herself. I don't have to do anything."

"I was just fucking these bitches. I promise I was gon get right back." He laughed a little. "I should've known it was somebody else how you switched on me like you did. You didn't even flip on me. Just left and let it end like that." He ran his hand down his face. "But I was wrong. I'll admit that."

"Don't you dare try to sit here and blame this shit on me. I tried to be there for you but you pushed me away every time. You chose to turn to drugs and then run away. You told me yourself that you didn't want me to wait for you cause you didn't know how long it would take to get yourself together. But now you want me back now that I moved on? Nah. Not happening."

"I'm mad as fuck. I didn't know that seeing somebody else put that beautiful smile on your face would hurt as bad as it does. I can't live like that. It was so many times I wanted to call you and apologize but I just couldn't. My pride got the best of me and hate myself for it. But how could you just move on like that? I thought you were focused on yourself and the kids? Getting money and opening up your store. I know I aint shit but you really gon throw away all that we been through?"

"Are you listening to anything you are saying? You aren't making sense right now. You blame yourself then you blame me. I felt alone in that marriage for the longest. You didn't care then, why do you care now? You left, and now you in your feelings cause I moved on? What, you thought I was gonna wait those five or so years for you? I really don't have time for this."

He sighed. "I guess I never realized that I made you feel alone. I'm sorry."

"I would've never treated you the way you treated me. I would've never done that to you. You really fucked up Jay." I stood up and walked over to the door. "You lost somebody that actually gave a fuck about you." I paused. "Your 15 minutes are up and I have work to do."